How many Links for 4-6in stretch with 17/43?

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
Hey Busa Boys!
I really need to get a chain bad. I feel that I would be throwing money away getting stock length, when I was to stretch the bikes length asap.

So I am going from 16/42 to keep stress of the chain, this stretches the chain pretty often. I am going to 17/43 hopefully this will be just as peppy, but put less stress on the chain?

Also before I pick chain, what is the number of links in the chain needed for a 4-6in stretch? TY

Hey Busa Boys!
I really need to get a chain bad. I feel that I would be throwing money away getting stock length, when I was to stretch the bikes length asap.

So I am going from 16/42 to keep stress of the chain, this stretches the chain pretty often. I am going to 17/43 hopefully this will be just as peppy, but put less stress on the chain?

Also before I pick chain, what is the number of links in the chain needed for a 4-6in stretch? TY

You would have to go to 17/45 to be as peppy as the 16/42...just buy a 150 link chain and cut it to the length you need. Or if someone knows the EXACT number of links you need for the stretch, there are some places where you can buy a chain in the correct number of links.

Aftermarket chains come in 120 or 150 links...stock Gen1 is 112...Gen2 is 114 :thumbsup:

i had 6" stretch 16/42 gears had 130 chain and had to cut off a couple links. 120 should be close to the right size for 17/43 with a 6"

1 more things guys, I will come back to this in the morning, from that Hayabusazone website there is a sale for the 120 link chain. For 4in stretch, I will need 124 links. Will 17/45 Or even 18/47 allow me to use less links than 124links so I can buy the special price 120 link chain? THANKS AGAIN :D

1 more things guys, I will come back to this in the morning, from that Hayabusazone website there is a sale for the 120 link chain. For 4in stretch, I will need 124 links. Will 17/45 Or even 18/47 allow me to use less links than 124links so I can buy the special price 120 link chain? THANKS AGAIN :D

On my '08 (stock wheelbase) I'm running 18/47 @ 116 links...so a 4" stretch won't make it with 120.

Nice thanks for that. I did not get around to ordering last time, but today I have to. ok I may stay with 16/42 for now, and next time will make the sprocket change,

my guess is that 120 link chain, judging by the data below, will not make it with 16/42 & 4in-6in stretch?

2 inches over add 6 links
4 inches over add 12 links
6 inches over add 20 links
8 inches over add 26 links
9 inches over add 28 links
10 inches over add 32 links

And if I were to just buy new sprockets, could I still use the factory chain? Also if I want more torque off the line, what number of teeth should I go for both sprockets?

And if I were to just buy new sprockets, could I still use the factory chain? Also if I want more torque off the line, what number of teeth should I go for both sprockets?

looks like your already stretched but yeah you can use your old chain to extend the other chain. make sure they are both 530 chains though. you will just have 2 masterlinks. no big deal. most serious street guys go 16/43 or 16/44

my 5 inch stretch was 136 links with stock gearing.I now have a 6 over 45 rear sprocket, stock front and used 145 links if I remember right.Better to just get a 150 links and cut to fit.

No! never have 2 masters in a chain. That is bad news. Also there are a lot of different 530 chains and they are not all compatible when it comes to masters. My advise just get new chain dont risk it. Talk to justin at honda east hell of a deal on chains.

On my Gen II with a Macintosh 0-6" arm, I'll run eiither a 120P ZZZ that puts me right at 2" over or a 130P ZZZ that puts me right at 5" over...

I dont see why 2 masters would change anything.A correctly installed master should not come apart even one with a clip master.

As long as the master links are installed correctly and are the same chain you shouldn't have a problem. I am currently running 2 masters in mine at the moment and haven't had any problems at all and I drag race the bike so it gets punished.

i know a lot of guys with some powerful bikes that run 2 masters. if its installed correctly it wont be a problem. ive have 2 on mine for over a year now. quite a few passes no problems.

Back