How long will my engine last?

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I have 86,000-88,000 kilometers on my bike right now. To you guys, thats about 53,000 -54,000 ish miles. I had the top end done at 72,000 k, so I guess thats like making it factory again?

Top o the line oil changes every 10,000 k, like clockwork, and all regular maintenance is done at correct intervals.

Will my bike easily go for another 50,000 miles? Oh, I don't wheelie or thrash it at all, except for the occasional high speed run on a deserted road. Almost all of those miles are touring. For those of you who know me you know that to be true!!

Cause in my other thread I am considering buying a 06 white busa, I LOVE the white with the black frame, and the bike has only 10,000 k on it.

I am very conflicted.......Yes, yes, paint my bike white ect ect, I thought I would maybe buy the white and sell my 02, but I am worried with that many k I won't get that much for it,even though it's been very well maintained, although EVERYONE says that.:whistle:

I thought I may price it at ,I dunno, 4300 bucks or something like that,whatever, somewhere around there.....it does have a few minor scuffs and whatnot on it. Nothing major, I RIDE the thing darnit!!

Anyway, just wondering about those high mileage busas......

I saw one guy on another board who had 100 000 miles on his Busa, so they can go a long time if you look after them

Cheers

It's a common mistake to think bikes with 30 to 50K miles on the engine are getting old and tired. Nonsense. Bikes are no different than cars in that if properly maintained (and repaired when broken), they can easily surpass 100,000 mi.

It's a common mistake to think bikes with 30 to 50K miles on the engine are getting old and tired. Nonsense. Bikes are no different than cars in that if properly maintained (and repaired when broken), they can easily surpass 100,000 mi.

I hope mine does... my in 40months or less. My next one is gonna be a GENII-upgrade. Plan on touring the genII and showing the genI.

Nizzle: think about.. why buy another bike that is just like your bike with its own unknown set of problems.
Think back on all the maintainance u have done on your bus.. and doing it all over again on the exact same bike. I say if your happy with your mileage then get it painted how u like and save for a genII. Or take paint money and sell Ur baby, put it all on a GenII..

GOODLUCK.. post pics
Posted via Mobile Device

i know of several 100k+ busas, and a couple of them that are turbo charged. Take care of her good and she will take care of you :thumbsup:

I had a Gen 2 but had to sell it. ( Long story) but I don't know if I would buy another one,know why? 3 words....Premium fuel only!!!!! What!!!!

That stuff costs an arm and a leg for poops sake! I ride CONSTANTLY it would cost me a fortune in fuel.

Gosh I wish I knew how to photoshop so I could play with various pattern/paint schemes for my bike.

Really!!! Why would anyone drop $10-13K for a bike an expect to get about 50K miles out of it? Unless you're flat out dogging it all the time and not doing proper maintenance you should easily see 100-150K miles before a rebuild is needed.

The Busa engine is "pure stuff". With only oil changes with good quality oil and no abuse, I would expect it to easily surpass 100K miles.
My two cents worth.!! :bigsmile:

i have about the same mileage as you on an '05 and only consider it as getting broken in, she better last a lot more miles as i haven't even finished with all the mods yet :laugh:

my 2007 had 38xxx miles on her and a leak down teat was done with the valve adjustment and my rings were 3% worn and I do change my oil every 3500 miles even though I run full synthetic only ran like a top pulled like train, faster then a speeding (well you know A ZX14)

You had the top end done already?? WOW! soo not cool..... first I heard of that. was it starved for oil? redlining too much?

surprising. Im thinking 150k before engine rebuilding would ne necessary.
Posted via Mobile Device

i have about the same mileage as you on an '05 and only consider it as getting broken in, she better last a lot more miles as i haven't even finished with all the mods yet :laugh:

Semi.....all the mods:rofl: thats a good one...

Cool thread... 100K sounds awsome to get....out of it...I bought mine with 2K on it 9 years ago. An 01.. now has 40K plus....It's been on the revlimiter so any times i can't even count..
um'. I am not an oil change fanatic...like 3 to 4k miles sometimes a filter or not. After last weeks 1,200 mile event around Reno.. it got beat on pretty hard.. so today i started it up and just listend to it....Amazing... sounds like the day i got it...never uses oil, still stock clutch, fork seals....3rd chain...lots of tires hehehehehe.. it is a BUSA!! Best thing i heard was a member with 70K plus on his and serviced regularly..Never had to reshim the valves.
Thats a great engine right there..Happy motoring gang

Oh BTW .. there were 2 guy's that went drag racing last weekend.... 27 Passes !!!!!!!!!or so each...and they still run... GOOD

This is the guy I was talking about, check it out.
....tho he may be on here too who knows. I apologize if so or it's a repost

You had the top end done already?? WOW! soo not cool..... first I heard of that. was it starved for oil? redlining too much?

Yes, it was using oil. Not horrible but my BF is a certified motorcycle tech for Honda Canada Head Office and he was not satisfied with the oil consumption so he did the top end.

He is quite particular, sometimes maddeningly so, love ya hon :bowdown:, but everything on the bike MUST be within spec for him to be satisfied. MUST be within spec. MUST......did I say maddeningly so?????

Which is a good thing when it comes to bikes, I know. So now the bike does not use a drop of oil, yay! And now I have factory fresh motor. yay!

Who said anything about redlining??? :whistle:

Back