How cold

darth frosty

Registered
Just got off work and its 47 degree's here in detroit according to my truck. On my way home I stuck my arm out the window to what it will be like if I took a lil ride (lil too chily for me.) But it made me wonder what is the coldest temp that you folks will ride in? For me if its south of 50 I'm staying in.

And yes I know proper riding gear will make the difference.

Dang thats hard core there. I just went out to get the paper and it was drizzling. I really want to ride today but I also need to get some sleep. The eternal struggle.
argue.gif

I'll ride as low as 10 degrees. Of course with heated gloves.
Feels like the bike makes more HP in the cold.
I love it and so does the bike.

I've ridden into work before at 22 degrees. I'm a little older now so the lower temp is gradualy going up. Then again, 40 degrees wasn't bad this morning with just a leather jacket, jeans, and leather gloves. If I'd put the balaclava on under my lid, I'd have been pretty comfortable.

Dan

41 was the lowest and never again. now in the mid 50's is the lowest i will ride in.

Friday I had a meeting in Mountain Home at 10:00. So, I left the house at 6:30 figuring that 3.5 hours ought to be enough to make 180 miles. WRONG! It was 40 degrees showing on the bank thermometer and about 20 miles out I hit pea-soup fog. The most miserable 40 miles in my riding memory. Don't recommend it at all.

Anyway, minor coolness in the extremities - hands and feet, major face burn from trying to ride with my faceshield up so I could see.

First test of a stock windscreen vs. DB - I prefer the stocker - cleaner air for my helmet.

My first encounter with the "If you think you're going too fast for the curve, just lean it over some more." school of riding - what doesn't work on a HD will work on a Busa.

(and NO, 40 degrees was not that comfortable on the E-Glide, even with a much larger frontal area...something about air management, I guess)

I have ridden as low as about mid 40's. I ride year round unless it is raining. Luckily it doesn't get much colder than the 40's here;)

Only snow and ice stop me, not temperature. I have have the Busa out at -15, I just bundle up good and take it easy on the corners in the winter.

I went this morning and had my bike serviced. When I left the house the weather channel said it was 35 degrees. That is about my limit!

whem i got the bike 35deg now it 50 oe just below
cold sucks

I have ridden in the 20's with no problem. I just make sure its not supposed to rain/snow, etc. I do use heated vest and gloves if below forty and stay nice and warm. The bike seems to love the cold air and it does wake a person up in morning to start the day off right. I do enjoy telling the ones that ask, how I ride when its so cold out, that its not really bad at all. My commute is any where from 15 to 45 minutes depending on which military base I am going to.

I have ridden in the 20's. I will ride the twisties tomorrow in the 60's - Concerned about the tire grip any colder than that.

(busa_tom @ Oct. 21 2006,08:53) Only snow and ice stop me, not temperature. I have have the Busa out at -15, I just bundle up good and take it easy on the corners in the winter.
+1

Coldest ride last year had a "Real Feel" of 13.

Rode only one day in December and then the snow came.

winterwearbusa.gif

If you can keep you neck area warm your 90% there.

The biggest thing for me is to keep my hands warm. I only have summer JR riding gloves. I rode last Saturday morning and it was 37 degrees and with the wind... I felt like an ice cube. I can honestly say that I couldn't wait to get off the bike!

Back