Home Depot to the rescue!

chain

Registered
As you all know, the rear axle on the Hayabusa is huge. It's about as thick as an adolescent boy's wrist, and the nut on the end is a Goliath 36mm! I've been searching high and low for a socket, but the places I look either don't carry them that large (Sears) or they want to bust it off in my a$$ (Mac, Snap-On, etc).

Guess what I got at Home Depot this afternoon? A 36mm 12pt socket, forged and chromed, made by Stanley for their Husky line, lifetime warranty: $3.00 on clearance. I damn near shouted with glee right there in the middle of the store, like I'd found the holy grail or something. Compare that to the $21.95 Cruz Tools wanted for one of their 36mm sockets and, well, it was uplifting.

Then I wandered over to the nuts-and-bolts isle, bought six dollars worth of 16mm (thread size) hardened nuts and bolt, spun 'em all together with some red thread lock compound, and now I've got my unobtainable 24mm allen tool for pulling the front axle. (Note: This is not my brainchild. Veltune.com is where I got the idea.)

I've got both ends of the bike covered for about ten bucks!

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094415803 -->

Back