Holster Help?

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Hey all,

Here's the deal... My nightstand gun is Gen III Glock 21 with a Streamlight M3 attached. For years I've just left the gun out on the nightstand, but lately I've started fumbling around a little bit when the alarm goes off. I'd rather have it in a holster now. The only thing I currently have to accomodate the G21 with M3 attached is my Safariland thigh rig from work, but I'd rather not have that big thing lying on the nightstand all the time. What I'm looking for is something along the lines of a belt holster made of leather or Kydex, with minimal retention. Apparently, these can easily be found for smaller caliber Glocks, but I can't seem to come up with anything for the big G21.

Any ideas/sources are welcome. I'm not against custom either, but I'd rather not spend a fortune if I can help it.

Thanks

Well Daniel, I chose the custom route.

I assume you Glock is about the same size as this garage sale pellet gun I got to shoot pigeons that live in the roof eves. So, based on that I hand crafted this fine holster. You'll see its light weight and made with top notch materials. I'll let this go for say, $25, no check that, holiday price, $20.

ForumRunner_20121211_010644.png

ForumRunner_20121211_010708.png

ForumRunner_20121211_010644.png

ForumRunner_20121211_010708.png

Tiger racing has a full line of bedside holster options. Check out their site.

Please correct me if I'm missing something, but it looks like they mainly sell appliances to hold your weapon's holster, assuming you already have one.

Really all I'm looking for is a belt holster that will fit with the light attached. I've seen them before, but it seems like there aren't as many options for the G21 as there used to be.

your best bet is to find someone either to press some kydex or make one out of leather, kydex would deff be cheaper. leather is always better imho esp with light retention. youll probably be surprised how relatively cheap one can be custom made.

Well I just found one, and it's cheap. Safariland's website used to be a nightmare to navigate, but it looks like they've done quite a bit of work to it since I last visited.

This is the Safariland 5187. Lists for $47. That's all I need to keep me from hitting the bang switch instead of the snooze button. :laugh:

5187_Open_Top_Concealment_Belt_Loop_w_Light.jpg

Now if I can just get my sleep schedule back on track, maybe this will become a non-issue... as I post here on the org... at 05:16 AM. :banghead:

your best bet is to find someone either to press some kydex or make one out of leather, kydex would deff be cheaper. leather is always better imho esp with light retention. youll probably be surprised how relatively cheap one can be custom made.

I actually saw a guy making custom kydex holsters at a gun show over the weekend, but I didn't have the 21 with me. I would prefer a nice leather one, but I doubt if one can be had for the price of that one I just posted. And since I'm not getting it to wear, it doesn't need to be comfortable or good looking.

Well I just found one, and it's cheap. Safariland's website used to be a nightmare to navigate, but it looks like they've done quite a bit of work to it since I last visited.

This is the Safariland 5187. Lists for $47. That's all I need to keep me from hitting the bang switch instead of the snooze button. :laugh:

Now if I can just get my sleep schedule back on track, maybe this will become a non-issue... as I post here on the org... at 05:16 AM. :banghead:

I noticed your sleep was off yesterday when ya put your Xmas tree up about this time. :laugh:

I noticed your sleep was off yesterday when ya put your Xmas tree up about this time. :laugh:

Caught that did ya? I'm heading back to Chattanooga around 10:00 this morning, will probably sleep for a little while then. I don't have to be back in Knoxville until lunchtime tomorrow, so maybe I'll get worked out. Starting Thursday night, I will be free to get back on a regular schedule.

18 credit hours next semester and a 200 mile commute on top of it... I'd better get it back together over the next few weeks. :please:

I actually saw a guy making custom kydex holsters at a gun show over the weekend, but I didn't have the 21 with me. I would prefer a nice leather one, but I doubt if one can be had for the price of that one I just posted. And since I'm not getting it to wear, it doesn't need to be comfortable or good looking.

my buddy around the corner is making holsters on the side, his custom tooled nice ones are usually <75, i would bet a plain black would be cheaper. either way, got what you want for now. you can get something a little nicer later if you want to, putting a gun in kydex always makes me cringe :laugh:

my buddy around the corner is making holsters on the side, his custom tooled nice ones are usually <75, i would bet a plain black would be cheaper. either way, got what you want for now. you can get something a little nicer later if you want to, putting a gun in kydex always makes me cringe :laugh:

I know what you mean, but this gun certainly isn't a beauty queen. It's an 8-year-old Glock that was my everyday duty weapon for much of that time. It goes bang each and every time I squeeze the trigger, so I'm happy with it. Actually, the specs say that holster I posted is suede lined anyway. That'll do.

Are you planning to "mount" that holster on the nightstand? Otherwise, you've got yourself a two handed draw...

You mentioned minimalist, ever think about one of these?

x-fer, concealment holster, weapon light

No, not planning to mount it anywhere. I just wanted to put something over the trigger for now. The two handed draw isn't really an issue, as we would know someone was up to no good long before they ever got to the bedroom.

I'm not familiar with the one you linked. That's a neat idea, but it looks like I'd need a newer light and a supressor to go with it. Hmm... :laugh:

Sorry I misunderstood. I was thinkin you needed a bedside option.

No problem at all. Thanks for the idea. :beerchug:

I'm not sure but I believ comptac makes holsters for laser sights. I'm really happy with mine.

Well Daniel, I chose the custom route.

I assume you Glock is about the same size as this garage sale pellet gun I got to shoot pigeons that live in the roof eves. So, based on that I hand crafted this fine holster. You'll see its light weight and made with top notch materials. I'll let this go for say, $25, no check that, holiday price, $20.

View attachment 256934

View attachment 256935

roflmao You made me spit my water out on my paperwork. That is funny:rofl:

Back