Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HID Light Install

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I installed my HIDs this weekend. They have been sitting in the garage forever and I finally got around to doing it. I followed Blanca Busa's lead and went with DDM's 35 watt set with the H7 & H9 bulbs. Wanted to post this to let all know that the bulbs do not require any grinding of tabs or anything now. It's plug and play all the way. Be sure and order the setup for motorcycles.

Is it DDM tuning? Do you have a link? Want to make sure it is the right place. May just get the bulbs from them since there is no shimming involved. :thumbsup:

I went with the 50w and have no issues.. It was plug and play. It literally was the first mod I did on my own bike. Love them!!!

Their website got confusing all of a sudden I don't see what you are talking about.

Love my DDM's in the 35w with a 25 second timer so I don't have the clock reset issue. :thumbsup:

If you read the post by Blanca Busa on the HID install, there is some grinding required on the HID bulds to get them to work properly in the Hayabusa headlight. Apparently they have made adjustments to the lights as they now go right in just like the stock ones came out.

There is nothing specific on the DDM site referring to this, but if you order the kit for motorcycles, you'll get lights that plug right in and don't require adjustments to make them work.

I don't know if they made changes to the lights since Blanca Busa did his write up or what, but they go in just like the stockers now.

i got a low beam from them a couple months back, and i had to trim the outer ring to get it to fit in the busa housing. they must of switched recently, or maybe have 2 seperate sets in circulation. congrats on the upgrade.

I installed my HIDs this weekend. They have been sitting in the garage forever and I finally got around to doing it. I followed Blanca Busa's lead and went with DDM's 35 watt set with the H7 & H9 bulbs. Wanted to post this to let all know that the bulbs do not require any grinding of tabs or anything now. It's plug and play all the way. Be sure and order the setup for motorcycles.

About time!:poke: So how do you like them?:whistle:

I had to add a plastic washer behind the low beam bulb, as the spring clip did not hold it very tight from the package - that was the only thing that I had to "modify" with the DDM's. Now if you could adjust the low and high bean separately everything would be great.

About time!:poke: So how do you like them?:whistle:

They are bright! As you know Tim I'm an old man and rarely venture out at night so I really just did the upgrade to stop you from asking me about it everytime I see you:rofl:

Seriously though much better lighting. How's the hand? We need to put some video on that new GoPro you got......

They are bright! As you know Tim I'm an old man and rarely venture out at night so I really just did the upgrade to stop you from asking me about it everytime I see you:rofl:

Seriously though much better lighting. How's the hand? We need to put some video on that new GoPro you got......

The left hand is getting better! Pulling in the clutch is getting better to do.... still weak though, but working on that now!

I havent touched the G-pro.... except for charging the battery. I need to make time, but cold garage weather and other projects have gotten in the way.... But I am getting there.

I am thinking of selling my gilles rear sets and getting the stock one's back on the bike. After I get them powder coated black like I did the rear passenger pegs. My knee's are killing me some day's, and then other days they are not.... still not sure yet. I am 50/50 (like them/ hate them) still. If I put the stock one's back on... I'll probably swap to a Gsxr 1k peg for more road clearance.... reason for the rear sets!

Their website got confusing all of a sudden I don't see what you are talking about.

I was wondering the same thing. A buddy of mine asked where I got mine because he wants to install them on his 14. He went to the site and couldn't find the kit I bought. I went and looked and couldn't find it either.

seems as though you paid a lot more than blanca did

I was wondering the same thing. A buddy of mine asked where I got mine because he wants to install them on his 14. He went to the site and couldn't find the kit I bought. I went and looked and couldn't find it either.

Looks like the sites changed a little. It's not so easy to find what you need for motorcycles and I'm not paying that big dollar amount for some kit.

Anyone have experience with the Yana Shiki kits? I'm not a huge fan of their normal stuff but obviously they aren't producing the HID kits

Top Bottom