Question about HID lights.

I have the high and low HID's ...I didn't like the high beam so I went back to stock on it. I have some no name kit that cost 35 bucks and work great :thumbsup: The ballast fit under the meter panels on top of the air ducts...some people take the whole front cowling off to install them for a little cleaner install (a lot of work). The rubber boot around the stock bulb can be a pain with the kit I have but not too bad.... make sure you get it to seal. Some headlight adjusting might be necessary also.

Thanks Dozer, I'll keep that in mind. :beerchug:

I didnt hear anything negative about this website "starrotors.com" so I ordered the lights. I will let everyone know how they work out...

hey im going to get the DDM but what W do I go with 35W or 55W and what bulb should I choose for my 08, I want to go with a high and low beam? And im looking for White in color so what would be best 4500 or 5000? And do I have to order single bulbs so I can get different ones?

Last edited:
As far as 35w or 55w it depends on how much money your willing to spend to save energy and anywhere from 4500k to 6000k is basically the same brightness and most companies will let you order a custom kit or just ask specifically for a busa.

I'm waiting on DDM to send back my set(hi beam bulb was bad). I got 35w 5000k hi and low. They told me the 55w could melt plastic in the small hi beam housing, beings that they put out alot more heat than the 35w. I've seen a couple folks on here say they haven't had any problems with 55w's though.
The 5000k does have a blueish color too, but it's more white. My bulbs are supposed to be here by tuesday, I can't wait. The low beam was incredable, it was clearer and brighter, and went so much further than the stock hi beam.
Best mod ever if you like to ride at night!

I got some for my GEN I off EBAY, personnal best set-up I have ever used. All plug and play, no need for the delay switch and the perfect amount of wiring so you dont come up short or have wads ziptied somewhere.

I did my high and low, but the HIGH is kind of a waste and not really needed in my opinion.

I ordered mine DDM HID's also and should be here soon i hope. I got 2 35watts, 8000k. High and Low. Will post pics when i get them installed.

Hey I just picked up an 06 last week and noticed the lighting really sucks, so I ordered some HID's. My question is, I was sent an H7, and a 9004 35watt bulb. I read that the correct high beam bulb is a 9005. Can I put the 9004 in, and what will be the real difference compared to the 9005?

Just ordered 35w high and low beam and I went with 5000K becuase its white light, I cant wait. Now I will want to ride at night more often.:cheerleader: Now all I need to finish the transformation is Marchesini rims, gsx1000R tail, and 2000 TL1000R color scheme.

Hey I just picked up an 06 last week and noticed the lighting really sucks, so I ordered some HID's. My question is, I was sent an H7, and a 9004 35watt bulb. I read that the correct high beam bulb is a 9005. Can I put the 9004 in, and what will be the real difference compared to the 9005?

You should pm WarbirdII, He has helped alot of us with our HID questions. I'm sure he'll know whether you can or can't use that bulb.

I got the lights from starrotors.com ...... $85 for the set. Everything was plug-n-play. Great fit and looks great.

Back