Hesitation at 140 160 mph

Last thought, you could be experiencing a little surging due to throttle bodies not being synch'd. I wouldn't worry too much about this, because, given your low mileage, the valves are probably fine and any attempts to synch the TBs would more likely just be covering up weak ignition or dirty fuel injectors......

8 years! Wow!

Like others said... Check the plugs. Check the fuel flow - that's 100% a must, and I would strongly suspect it's not good. I would also suspect very much clogged injectors - I would just take them out and send them out for cleaning. Gas seating in there for 8 years will do a lot of clogging.

If during those 8 years the bike was sitting anywhere except an indoor constant temp garage, I am also pretty sure you have many poor connections all over the bike due to heat/cold/humidity. There is no point to figure out which one - it's easier and quicker to open up ALL connectors on the bike and clean them all - will take you a few hours and they will be good for many years. I don't want to repeat details on how to clean, you can do a search - I posted it more than once. If you can't find it, just PM me, and then I will find it for you. I had a poor connection somewhere, and the bike would randomly hesitate/shut down and restart in the middle of the ride - sometimes at certain rpm, sometimes on certain bumps. Once I cleaned all connectors - the problem was gone.

Also, check if your generator connector is hot, and if so, you got a poor connection there which will only get worse over time - that connector carries the current which powers the entrie bike. It's a black connector under the tank, with 3 thick yellow wires. Start the bike, wait till the fan kicks in (draws a good current too), make sure your headlight is on, and also turn on the high beam - to simulate high current draw. Grab that connector and feel if it's hot. Just warm is fine, but if it's so hot you can't hold, then you gotta clean it real well, and then retest again. Don't ask me how I know.

Good luck and keep us posted. Remember we can only figure it out based on the info you provide. So, the more info and the more accurately you give us the more likely we all can figure it out correctly.

is there rust in your tank?

pull the fuel pump and open it up and see what it looks like inside.

I bought an 05 that sat for 4-5 years and was never rode and there was some rust in the tank. took care of the tank and cleaned out the fuel pump. there was rust particles and residue inside it.

thanks guys for all the help. no the tank is fine no rust but the fuel pump was'nt working at first banged on it a lil, and it kicked on. i tried to clean it it has been working fine i think. i replaced the gas tank with a new one. im about to check the plugs now.

securedownload.jpg

Back