Here Is Why I Chose My Dual Sport Over My Hayabusa

Big guys like myself have no place on a DS. While the idea is neat, I'll settle for a much lighter actual dirtbike for offroad riding.

OK all you Dual Turd Owners I think you took offense to what I wrote. I am not sipping on the Hatorade and glad all you love your in betweens its kind of like a sexually confused person getting a sex change yes in a way they are a man and in another way they are a woman and yes they can dress up in either sex outfit depending on what restroom they want to use. So yes its true that you can compromise and have a dual purpose.
I voiced my opinion and quoted "Yeah you can do both I know but its half ass IMO when you make a vechicle dual purpose" YEAH YOU CAN DO BOTH..... IMO stands for In My Opinion.....
But I guess the turd comment offended all you dirtbike wannabees hell heshe wanna bes get pissed also I guess :moon:

So what is your Hayabusa? Let me guess, long, low, fast and single purpose. You couldn't possibly take it anywhere overnight, that would make it a "touring bike". I don't care what you think, you just sounded kinda mean spirited, and unnecessarily sarcastic right out of the starting gate.

So what is your Hayabusa? Let me guess, long, low, fast and single purpose. You couldn't possibly take it anywhere overnight, that would make it a "touring bike". I don't care what you think, you just sounded kinda mean spirited, and unnecessarily sarcastic right out of the starting gate.

Toughen Trooper.. It wasnt meant to be mean spirited it was an opinion stated and a few felt as they had to defend..
By the way my Busa has been on 1000 mile 3 day trips and a few 400 mile a day trips, so if you arent stating facts you are just making an assumptions and you know what they say about assumptions:whistle:

Toughen Trooper.. It wasnt meant to be mean spirited it was an opinion stated and a few felt as they had to defend..
By the way my Busa has been on 1000 mile 3 day trips and a few 400 mile a day trips, so if you arent stating facts you are just making an assumptions and you know what they say about assumptions:whistle:

He was making a point. You have clearly missed THE POINT :)

I think the concept of a Dual Sport is cool and from what I have seen they are a very good commuter bike capable of riding on both paved and un-paved roads but they are very limited when you try to push them to the limits of the street or dirt.

In stock form they cannot keep up with sport or dirt bikes and nothing you can do will make them as capable as a stock purpose bike of the same size. Almost everyone I know has tried to make them more single purpose by changing out the tires. Once modded, the only place I have seen these bikes dominate is the go-cart tracks. Eventually, most of the people I know with them end up with two bikes.

I think we can agree that if you want to keep up with sport or dirt bike riders this is not a good choice, but if need a commuter bike that can operate on both paved and un-paved surfaces this is the way to go.
:thumbsup:

This discussion is like two people talking in different languages. If you haven't owned a real Dual Sport bike and actually done Adventure Touring, then simply watching "Long Way Down" doesn't qualify for expert opinion. I would argue that dual sports are not "compromised bikes" therefore "less" in any specific catagory. If you really go into it, you see they are designed for ALL types of terrain, singletrack, game trails, city streets, interstate, jeep roads, etc. A Supermoto is not a "Dual Sport". A true Dual Sport bike usually has a big gas tank, low first gear, big carrying capacity, GPS electronics, very comfortable ergonomics, good motor/radiator protection, long travel suspension and appropriate tires for the particular adventure at hand (I have 3 seperate pairs of tires depending on nature of journey).
The sport is complex and incredibly rewarding and a typical motocross bike(as fun as they are) would run out of petrol long before you would get to the real "outback".
The shortsightedness I refer to is constantly measuring the worth of a motorcycle based on "how high they jump" or "who wins in a drag race" or how "bada$$" you look at a bikenite.

P1000706.JPG

P1000907.JPG

The title of this thread (considering the site it is posted on) is an argument waiting to happen .
That said , I have owned 2 Dual-sports , and had much enjoyment on each .
Any one motorcycle is a compromise of sorts , each individual must choose , what they are willing to compromise .
Any hard-core motorcycle enthusiast (with enough funds at their disposal) would have many bikes for specific styles of riding .
But only a few of us have the funds/free time to justify 5+ bikes for different rides .
ALL of us that read this site respect the types of riding the 'Busa does well .
Only a FEW of us on this site respect what Dual-Sports can do well.

The title of this thread (considering the site it is posted on) is an argument waiting to happen .
Any one motorcycle is a compromise of sorts , each individual must choose , what they are willing to compromise .
Any hard-core motorcycle enthusiast (with enough funds at their disposal) would have many bikes for specific styles of riding .
But only a few of us have the funds/free time to justify 5+ bikes for different rides .

I would respectfully add that there are quite a FEW of us on the org that have an understanding of Dual Sports....they just haven't seen this thread and/or have chosen not to post. In any case, well said sumation on your part! Raydog

I fully agree. The title reads "Here Is Why I Chose My Dual Sport Over My Hayabusa"
I was just stating my opinion meaning I would never choose a dual sport over my hayabusa.
If the video was titled "Riding my dual purpose to work" Most likely I wouldnt have read it, I figured the video would show me something with a wow factor, or something exciting, nope just some buisness man riding his dual sport in the woods and nothing really exciting to view IMO.

My Busa is like a super model, you need to watch where you take her. My Strom (DL1000) is more like a regular chick that cooks, cleans, hunts, fishes, and you can take about anywhere. 50,000 miles later & I can tell you not all dry roads. I do stay on the roads though, she's no 2 storke motocrosser. +1000 I'd have 50 bikes if I could pull it off.

I've always thought of the Busa as a dual sport or super sport touring bike. Twisties, touring, commuting, the Busa can do it all very well.

does it bother anyone else when people on bikes think that just because there smaller then cars they can park on sidewalks? or use the bike rack at the mall? or am I the only person that actually uses parking spaces?

does it bother anyone else when people on bikes think that just because there smaller then cars they can park on sidewalks? or use the bike rack at the mall? or am I the only person that actually uses parking spaces?

That is thoughtless but what bothers me more is what you think is a normal topic for a first post.

We all like ALL kind's of bike's. We have 2 street bike's and three dirtbike's in the garage. While they both have there place I would love to have a dualsport on hand with the option of tossing dirt wheel's or some 17's with some street tire's on it. Anyone who don't think dualsport's are capable machine's should check out KTM's line up of street plated dualsport's. Happy new year.

Back