Helping people move...

I feel Ya. Hade to help move my sister today. I was supposed to go the motorcycle Carlise today with the guys told them I couldnt go it sucks. Then they call me from the gas station this morning just to make sure I wasnt going and make me feel bad. Jerks

Yeah, moving is a SERIOUS drag, especially here in the Southland in the summer (price we pay for the mild winters...) But it is like money in the bank as a friend that you help move will feel obligated to repay the favor when you have to move. Has worked out that way for me at least.
beerchug.gif

Bumper sticker on my truck:  "Yes this is my truck.  No, I won't help you move."

Went to help a friend move and was just supposed to load the truck.  Everything was supposed to be ready to go.  When I arrived, they were Juuuuuuuuust starting to pack boxes.  Nothing was even close to ready to go.  I helped load a couple things on the U-haul and then left.  I don't have time to be used.  Needless to say, those friends have been summarily replaced!

Movers is the way to go.  Best $400 you'll ever spend.  They usually won't damage your stuff 'cause they have the right equipment which you probably don't have or have to pay extra to get.

But nope, I don't help friends move or paint.  And they're still my friends.  Mostly!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
OH MAN. your friends must be my family
laugh.gif

If I have anyone helping me move....the LAST thing I'm gonna do is make them stand around and wait for me to do ANYTHING. AND I feed them good and fill their tanks up. I never want someone to feel I "used" them or unappreciated.

I also RARELY ask for help with anything cause I don't like to put people out for anything.

I'll help my friends and family but won't ask for help very easy. Just my stubborn way.

Man it's the LARGE entertainment ctrs and the hidabed couches that pizz me off. JUST leave it.
firedevil.gif
I've moved my sisters humangous awkward entertainment cntr 3x. I wish that thing would fall apart. It's just STUPID heavy and big.

SHE'S ANOTHER ONE THAT HAS NOTHING READY WHEN YOU SHOW UP
firedevil.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif
guns.gif

your wondering around not knowing what's ready to go and whats not.

PEOPLE BE READY WHEN YOUR TRUCK SHOWS UP.
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

guns.gif

firedevil.gif

guns.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif