Helping people move...

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I hate helping people move.  Especially on a hot sweltering day in the south.  Ive got to help one of my best friends move this weekend.  Of course naturally I get invited on two different rides this weekend.  No sorry fellas can't do it, gotta help somebody move.  Much more fun.  sigh... I hate being such a nice guy sometimes.  
banghead.gif

rant.gif

I just did the moving thing the last weekend of June, and the best thing I ever did was hire "Two Men and A Truck". It was so much cheaper than I ever thought it would be.

Hubby having been Navy for 12 years, we know a thing or two about moving (moving ourselves and moving our friends that is..)!

A) MOVING STINKS!

B) A friend is a friend until you ask them to help you move! Moving day is when the REAL friends show up! LoL!

Tell him you have a headache and cant doodie. Or, your fighting the side effects of the male enhancement drugs you have been taking. Either way, you dont want to miss a good ride. Just loan him your truck.

I just did the moving thing the last weekend of June, and the best thing I ever did was hire "Two Men and A Truck".  It was so much cheaper than I ever thought it would be.

Hubby having been Navy for 12 years, we know a thing or two about moving (moving ourselves and moving our friends that is..)!

A) MOVING STINKS!

B) A friend is a friend until you ask them to help you move!  Moving day is when the REAL friends show up!  LoL!
lol, yeah well, i'll be there.
goodboy.gif

Tell him you have a headache and cant doodie. Or, your fighting the side effects of the male enhancement drugs you have been taking. Either way, you dont want to miss a good ride. Just loan him your truck.
lol

How about I purposely piss him off to the point that he says don't ever step foot in my house again. Then, after the moving is done i'll show up at his door step with a case of beer and an apology.
laugh.gif

lol

How about I purposely piss him off to the point that he says don't ever step foot in my house again.  Then, after the moving is done i'll show up at his door step with a case of beer and an apology.  
laugh.gif
That works too.
whistling.gif
I understand, I hate moving too. Good luck and be safe, lift with your legs and not your back.
banghead.gif

I just did the moving thing the last weekend of June, and the best thing I ever did was hire "Two Men and A Truck". It was so much cheaper than I ever thought it would be.

A) MOVING STINKS!

B) A friend is a friend until you ask them to help you move! Moving day is when the REAL friends show up! LoL!
TMAAT moved my house for $400 money well spent as well...

Ive always been afraid that those moving services would break my stuff. How careful were they? If they do break something will they replace it?

I had no breakage so can not say... everything was blanketed that needed it and the guys seemed pretty decent with my stuff.. I also made sure they had a cooler full of water/sport drink and soda... (attitude is everything right?)

I always help my friend to move... Or should I say helped...
Because now if I`m asked to help I offer to pay for movers.

Guess what, no one asked me to do that. Movers are cheap. If they destroyed your things they will pay for it.

I moved 8 times in the last 12 years, damn, I hate that. One mover cost $25-30 per hour. 2-3 movers could move my crap in 4-5 hours.
Best money spent, ever. I`m too old for heavy lifting.

next time i move im hiring movers
guns.gif

i hate moving myself and other people. having a truck makes you a huge target

Just picked up and moved a full size desk (65" L x 30" W x 29" H) into my 8th floor office by myself this weekend. It's all about leverage, the right equipment and know how. But yes moving an entire household full of goods is tiring.

Bumper sticker on my truck: "Yes this is my truck. No, I won't help you move."

Went to help a friend move and was just supposed to load the truck. Everything was supposed to be ready to go. When I arrived, they were Juuuuuuuuust starting to pack boxes. Nothing was even close to ready to go. I helped load a couple things on the U-haul and then left. I don't have time to be used. Needless to say, those friends have been summarily replaced!

Movers is the way to go. Best $400 you'll ever spend. They usually won't damage your stuff 'cause they have the right equipment which you probably don't have or have to pay extra to get.

But nope, I don't help friends move or paint. And they're still my friends. Mostly!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I remember the good 'ol days when I could move everything I owned in the back of a short bed pickup. Now it would take 4 men and a couple of trucks.
sad.gif

I don't mind painting so much so long as everything is taped off and ready to be painted. Its kinda relaxing.

Back