HELP !!!

kennym4

Registered
I had a Hindle full system put on about 3 months ago. I also had a PCIII installed, with a K&N air filter. Well I was getting backfiring with the rpm's over 4-5,000. This morning I was reading a post on the "marble mod", and decided to do it until I could have the block off's put on. Anyway I just went out in the garage, lifted the tank located the hose that comes off the right side of the air box.(right ?) well there's only an inch of hose there ? Like it was cut. Am I in the right place ? I know there's no way my dealership would have blocked it off for free ?   How would I check if my pair valve's were blocked ? (are the hose's above, or under the headers)

Yes I'm pretty SLOW !!!!!!

THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER !!!

The PAIR valve hoses/pipes mount just above where the headers attach to the head. If they removed the PAIR valve, they should have installed block-off plates. You can probably peek thru the opening(s) in your fairings to see if they did this.

The actual PAIR valve is mounted to the lower engine, above the oil filter. There is a rubber hose that connects the airbox to the PAIR valve. Perhaps they cut it and plugged it for you? You may look at that, too.

Yeah it looks like there's nothing above the headers, if they did this it shouldn't backfire, right

thanks a lot !!

Shouldn't backfire if they blocked it off. If you are having some backfiring, you may want to have it looked at. Perhaps some bad gas?

I found a pic of what block-off plates look like - if you have something like these installed (there are several different styles/colors, but all accomplish the same thing) - the PAIR valve was likely removed.

The 4 block-offs are right above the header - with the 2 nuts attaching them...

post-21-87455-p1060366.jpg

Man I think I may have got the dealership mod . LOL ! where those block off plates are in the pic, there's nothing on the bolts, but in the middle of the bolts they put screws in there ?

Have you ever heard of this ? Or is this them making sure I come back ?

Thanks again omslaw !!!

I just checked the bag of parts they returned to me when I had the pipe put on, the pair valves are in there, but they plugged it only with a screw, and a washer, WTF ?

Could this be a result of a bad map ?

Wow - don't know many stealers that would do that for ya.

Yep a screw will block it off, too.

Could be a bad map. Could also be an exhaust leak... If they didn't install new gaskets, it's possible that there's a leak...if they didn't seal the screws for the PAIR block off it could be leaking.

The map would be the easiest to check. Try uploading it again or try a new one. You can get some maps from Dynojet's website...

AHHHHH !!! I think you hit it right on the head, it was a used pipe, and now it's even starting to sound rattely(if that's a word) I bought it from thier sales manager, he told me it was only a year old, guess not !

I know better, whenever you try to save money you ALWAYS end up spending twice as much !! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP !!

Is the backfiring only deceleration? Did it work fine for a while? If so, I’m betting on a exhaust leak between the header and the engine. You should se a bit of evidence of carbon near the leak if so.

If it has always done it on deceleration only, the map may be wrong for the application.

If both deceleration and acceleration, then you may have other issues.

The screw washer deal is fairly common, but I'd change it to plates/gaskets if you have it apart sometime.

Hey Professor, It only does it when I let off the throttle abruptly, and above 4,000 rpm. It's always done it since I had the full system put on, aa couple a months ago. I don't see ant signs of a leak, but I haven't taken it apart to look yet, I just was peeking in through the plastic.

Look real close with a flashlight where the header meets the engine. If not, then I would take a good look at the map they loaded.

Thanks a lot you guys !!! If I didn't have this site my dealer would LOVE ME !!! Because instead of asking on here I would be running to them, and that's an awfull lot !!!!!

(omslaw @ Aug. 22 2007,08:40) Shouldn't backfire if they blocked it off. If you are having some backfiring, you may want to have it looked at. Perhaps some bad gas?

I found a pic of what block-off plates look like - if you have something like these installed (there are several different styles/colors, but all accomplish the same thing) - the PAIR valve was likely removed.

The 4 block-offs are right above the header - with the 2 nuts attaching them...

post-21-87455-p1060366.jpg
That's either one short azz header or a turbo in the making
laugh.gif

Back