question

dirtyred

Registered
when doing the pair block off, what did you guys use to block off the airbox tube and the tube coming out of the throttle body going to the pair valve. i took the hoses off just didnt know what to use to block the little fittings on the box and throttle body with. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
dirtyred

You can use rubberized nipples. Tape it if you have too.

You just tossed 3-4 horsepower.
laugh.gif

Here goes with the can of worms again,,,

Okay, there are two things here;

1) Pair Valve Removal & Block Off
2) Pair Crankcase Sucker (PCS) mod

A lot of people feel "safe" and have great piece of mind sticking to what others DO. Okay? And with that, they follow suit and do the Pair Removal & Block Off mod.

However, and believe me, this is as controversial as this site is old,,, the PCS have been proven on dyno (I have seen the paper in person and it was uploaded here and SH.Org years ago) to produce between 3-4 HP on a stock Hayabusa and between 5-8hp on a big block set up.

It is one of the oldest hodrod tricks in the book. Schnitz used to sell a similar valve/pump that cost around $200. Drag cars use a similar pump to draw vacuum through the crankcase for years.

I have run this mod for YEARS on my Busa and have had NO issues with oiling whatsoever.

But,, like I said,,, another can of worms may have just been opened, so you might want to forget everything I am saying here and go with the masses. Is far easier.
cool.gif

Back