Help with neons

busa_boy_69

Registered
I am wanting to put some red neons on my busa. I have seen neons on other bikes and they looked really badass. The only thing though is I have never been able to ask them what kind and size of neon tube they used or how exactly they mounted them inside the fairing. I was hoping maybe some of you guys on the board have done neons on your bike and could tell me some advice. I was thinking about a couple 6" mini neon tubes from street glow inside the fairings and mounting a 9" tube under the tail so it can shine down on the tire and swingarm. Any advice here would be great. Thanks guys

All I know is that neon is the past. The now and the future is LED.

They are safer, last longer, brighter, and have more placement options than neon tubes.

I was looking into it a while ago, and here is where I was looking:

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_lights.htm

I was either going to get the spyder accent lights or the LED step / courtesy accent light combo.

There may be better deals out there, but trust me when I say LED.

Listen to what jay21112 said and stay away from the neons, Playa
thumbs-up.gif

All I know is that neon is the past. The now and the future is LED.

They are safer, last longer, brighter, and have more placement options than neon tubes.

I was looking into it a while ago, and here is where I was looking:

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_lights.htm

I was either going to get the spyder accent lights or the LED step / courtesy accent light combo.

There may be better deals out there, but trust me when I say LED.
Some interesting stuff on that site!
smile.gif

Yeah thats what I was looking at on street glows website. Both the 6" inch mini tubes and the 9" inch mini tubes were LED's. I spoke with a guy in tech support there and he said for a 6" inch tube those LED's actually put out a very bright light. My only concern is figuring out how to mount them up. Thanks for the feedback though.

You should mount them so you can only see the light and not the actuall bulbs.
smile.gif

Thats what I want to do but I am not sure how to go about it. I can't mount the tubes to the fairing because of the wiring. It would be very hard to remove the fairings so I guess it needs to be mounted on the frame somehow. I want the bulbs hidden so the light shines out of the openings in the side fairings where if u look into them u can get a look at the radiator. I have fairing grilles on my bike and red light coming out of them at night would rock.

I said it before and I'll say it again. LED's are better to go with than using neons. Less amp draw so you dont have to worry about draining your battery when chilln in the parking lot with your crew , they're easier to conceal than neon tubes and cheaper than neons.  Heres a photo of my first bike done with  LED's I hand assemble myself using blue led light,risistor and a screw type bonnet which holds all of the componets listed . Trust me, I'm talking from my own personal experience .  My bike sat for 4 hrs straight with the LED's on and no ill effect when I cranked her over. I dont think you can come close to doing this with neons.Nite Life

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105275654 -->

Attachments

• Hayabusa_Org___Most_viewed_Rhyhm_sNight_Visiual.htm
    25.3 KB · Views: 143

Attachments

• Hayabusa_Org___Most_viewed_Rhyhm_sNight_Visiual.htm
    25.3 KB · Views: 118
Busa boy, I run a 9 inch tube under my rear, and indivduale LED,s in the front, under the headlight, and in the fairing grills. I didn,t want to spend a lot of money doing it, so I stayed away from the KITS on most web sites, and got all mine at advance auto. Got about $40.00 in everything. And like the others said, don,t let the bulbs show, just the glow.
wink.gif

The 9'' tube came with 2 small screws, end of the tube has an eye on each end, I just centered the tube over the rear wheel, and put the screws into the undertail. The front LED,s are a simple drill hole and snap in, I put 3 on the panel under the headlight. As for the radiator grills, I just pulled the left and right side panels off, and angled the lights where they lit my radiator up, and zipped tied them in place.
wink.gif
Then I wired them all to a toggle switch, and mounted it in my inner panel.

Back