HELP with front axle

Thanks for all the help guys.  I got it.  I put the head of a large bolt that fit in the hole and finally got it with a stilson wrench.  I think whoever had this bike before me tightened everything WAY too tight.  Pisses me off!!!!
guns.gif

firedevil.gif
A torque wrench for Christmas is a wonderful gift.
winkold.gif

r8

A 5/8 i.d. bolt thread or the hex across or open end wrench you would use would be a 15/16"

Thanks for all the help guys.  I got it.  I put the head of a large bolt that fit in the hole and finally got it with a stilson wrench.  I think whoever had this bike before me tightened everything WAY too tight.  Pisses me off!!!!
guns.gif

firedevil.gif
winkold.gif

r8
How do you figure the torque with a torque wrench on things like allen head screws and the homemade axle wrench and others that won't hook to a torque wrench?

guns.gif

firedevil.gif
winkold.gif

r8
How do you figure the torque with a torque wrench on things like allen head screws and the homemade axle wrench and others that won't hook to a torque wrench?
experience...

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
How do you figure the torque with a torque wrench on things like allen head screws and the homemade axle wrench and others that won't hook to a torque wrench?[/quote] for a few bucks you can have 3/8 drive allen head drivers... At the least, you buy just the 2 or 3 that the bike uses... sure beats replacing pulled threads

guns.gif

firedevil.gif
winkold.gif

r8
You use an Allen Head socket driver. Basically an allen head driver in a socket, mounted to your torque wrench.

guns.gif

firedevil.gif
winkold.gif

r8
Torque wrench
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Snap-On-Torque-Wrench-Flex-5-75-ft-lb-3-8-Drive-QD2FR75_W0QQitemZ250191313444QQihZ015QQcat
egoryZ42265QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/Snap-On....iewItem</a>
allen key 3/8 scokets
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-K-TOOLS-3-8-drive-Metric-hex-allen-socket-set-12pc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43994QQihZ
020QQitemZ300174399332QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW</a>

cheers
ken

I use a threaded coupler from Home Depot. No welding required, dirt cheap, fits perfect.
IMG_0209Small.jpg

IMG_0210Small.jpg

cheers
ken
I'm hitting Home Depot today on my way to pick up my wheels and get one of these. I probably have a socket that will fit that, and then I can torque correctly. GENIUS!!!
bowdown.gif
super.gif
beerchug.gif
easybutton.png

You bought a $10,000 motorcycle do your self a favor and buy the proper tool for the job. I know every one is going to want to flame me but why be cheap when it comes to the tools you use? The 24mm hex driver is only $28.00 at snap on.Click me

Well the adapters do more than one size at least.. if all I needed was the front axle, the o2 sensor remover would be a proper tool.. now to find my MAC dealer so I can get this one replaced.. (chrome coming off)

Too bad my wife butter knives don't have an official Snap On stamped on the side, becaude they sure do make a good screw driver when I can't find one in the garage when working on the bike.  
laugh.gif

Just wait a few more weeks, the tool truck will have the kitchen knife specials for the xmas season...
smile.gif

Just put it on your account... gotta pay every week anyway
lol1.gif

Back