Help Needed

GA_boi

Donating Member
Registered
Dairyland Greyhound Racetrack in Kenosha, Wisconsin will be closing on December 31, 2009. 900 Greyhounds need to be adopted or they will be made into hot dogs. Please help get the word out; only 6 weeks to get this done!!!! Contact Joanne Kehoe Operations Director P: 312.559.0887 Or Dairyland Race Track Adoption Center direct at (262) 612-8256 -can anyone help??*

My old Drill Sgt. posted this on his facebook page. Thought I'd pass it along.

I drive past that place just about every day. I just got a new pup or else I would try to help.

900 dogs an 6 weeks :down: There is going to be a lot of dead dogs :down: So sad :down:

I am glad that your are trying.

I also live here in Kenosha. The state of Wisconsin is very strict on the care of the dogs. We use to have 5 tracks here in Wisconsin and Dairyland is the last one. My understanding about what can and can not be done with these dogs is very clear. The dogs will not be allowed to leave the state to be put down or turned in to lab animals. They must be transfered to another track/kennel or maintained here until they are adopted out. With that being said, the ebst chance these dogs have is to be adopted. So if you have room and can adopt one please do so. These are greta dogs and make wonderful pets

Aren't there Greyhound rescue organizations that can take on the dogs and adopt them out? I hate that the sport leaves this as a problem for the pups at all :down:

Does this mean I need to get a dog for you to visit. :p
You adopt one and I will delivery it myself. So Yes, I will visit.:laugh:
You can always come visit here. Matter of fact I think it is your turn to visit.:poke:

You adopt one and I will delivery it myself. So Yes, I will visit.:laugh:
You can always come visit here. Matter of fact I think it is your turn to visit.:poke:

Well shoot man ill have to make it up there sometime.. just wont be this year. vacation time is already spent or reserved. not only that, getting this danged house ready to move in has been killing me... :banghead: If I have to paint one more wall im gonna scream.

Still have to floor the livin room but that will be after I move in and a month or 2 down the road.

Back