HELP i move to chicago from Miami/ need advise

PFP

Registered
Hi guys. After being in miami 3.5 years, i move to chicago for bussiness purposes.I had a hayabusa (now stolen), gsxr 1000 (stolen), zx14 ( i sold it 3 months ago)and i am going to buy the black red haya 2010. How about the weather in chivago??how many months i can ride per year? which insurance to choose??? which dealer to select there??thanks

Live a little over an hour outside of Chicago, 9 months is pretty much the season if you can handle cooler weather. Dec-Feb are the down months usually for me. State Farm is good for insurance for most, dealers....eh...stay away from Chicago Cycle for sure - terrible service. They just want to sell you the bike, you're on your own after that. You must know something others don't - there are no 2010 Busas coming to the US for the time being.

Last edited:
:welcome: to the windy city! Where abouts are you moving?
downtown or in the burbs somewhere?

Live a little over an hour outside of Chicago, 9 months is pretty much the season if you can handle cooler weather. Dec-Feb are the down months usually for me. State Farm is good for insurance for most, dealers....eh...stay away from Chicago Cycle for sure - terrible service. They just want to sell you the bike, you're on your own after that. You must know something others don't - there are no 2010 Busas coming to the US for the time being.

If i didnt spend as much time on here as i do, id just find pics of the 10's and assume they will be available. This is the first time ive ever seen not getting new model year bikes in. I figure thats the case

2 that stay away from chicago cycle If you want 2 save some $ In IN their is a dealer named Max Pitts great dealer worth the trip. Welcom too Chi.

9 months is just ok!!!i put around 8K miles per year in my bikes, i enjoy every day riding. How much do i have to pay for the state farm (annualy)? Thanks for the info about this dealer. 2010 are not coming? this is unusual, maybe because they have a lot 2009 unsold??? I also read somewhere that the new 2010 will be about $1000 more expensive:banghead:
Thank you very much for this info!!

2 that stay away from chicago cycle If you want 2 save some $ In IN their is a dealer named Max Pitts great dealer worth the trip. Welcom too Chi.

ok!! Thanks for the info.Max Pitts. Could you please send me a link about this dealer? Now i am sure that i will stay away form chicago cycles:beerchug:

Advise

Florida to Chicago . . . . . . Buy warmer cloths :laugh:

:beerchug::beerchug: now as i can see for the igoogle, it is a difference of 50 degrees between these towns..however, lower temps help the engive to accelerate stronger!!:rofl:

Wouldn't say that the motorcyce theft rate in Chicago is much better than Miami....hope you have a safe place to keep it.... I use Progressive....pay around $500.00 a year.

Wouldn't say that the motorcyce theft rate in Chicago is much better than Miami....hope you have a safe place to keep it.... I use Progressive....pay around $500.00 a year.

In miami the situation is horrible..as you can see from my signature..just horrible. I have never been in chicago, that s why i ask info. 500 will be ok.. here in miami i had to pay $750 (geico).

Thank you very much for your imput:beerchug:

That's the one to avoid like the plague - I've not heard one positive thing about their customer service, horrible!! Banzai-motorsports.com has good inventory, there's also great dealers an hour + north and west of Chicago near Rockford and Milwaukee.

i check this site now..

In miami the situation is horrible..as you can see from my signature..just horrible. I have never been in chicago, that s why i ask info. 500 will be ok.. here in miami i had to pay $750 (geico).

Thank you very much for your imput:beerchug:

Insurance rates have too many variables to know for sure what it will cost you. Age, marital status, driving history, claim history - they all play a part in your rate. It's best to check with several companies but many members here go with State Farm, especially if you have a couple vehicles to insure, homeowners as well. The discounts pile up the more items you insure with a company.

Insurance rates have too many variables to know for sure what it will cost you. Age, marital status, driving history, claim history - they all play a part in your rate. It's best to check with several companies but many members here go with State Farm, especially if you have a couple vehicles to insure, homeowners as well. The discounts pile up the more items you insure with a company.

I Fully agree!! let s see what they will offer me (currently i have only my subaru impreza which is and looking for the hayacompany
:thumbsup:)

Last edited:
+1 on too many factors for insurance rates. I had a perfect record and paid $448/yr while in Chicago ($500 deductible)...moved to Iowa and pay $218 for same coverage (Geico).

As far as dealers...Turn One Motorsports is where I bought my '08 that was ran over :( they helped me a ton and even held the bike for 8 days til I went that way on a trip. They were also $300 cheaper than anyone else I could find...11,700 OTD with a PCIII (not installed) on an Orange/Black.

Best of luck and much fun in the Windy City. :beerchug:

If youre used to the warm weather you may only get to ride from april to september/october, lol. I am from Iowa originally and the winters suck. If you have a nice car dont drive it in the winters, the overuse of road salt will rust it away in a few years. Buy a cheapo beater car or use public transportation and park the car/bike in a gargae for half the year. Oh yeah, theres millions of deer that like to play chicken with vehicles so watch out. They are also well fed and large which makes them vehicle destroyers.

+1 on too many factors for insurance rates. I had a perfect record and paid $448/yr while in Chicago ($500 deductible)...moved to Iowa and pay $218 for same coverage (Geico).

As far as dealers...Turn One Motorsports is where I bought my '08 that was ran over :( they helped me a ton and even held the bike for 8 days til I went that way on a trip. They were also $300 cheaper than anyone else I could find...11,700 OTD with a PCIII (not installed) on an Orange/Black.

Best of luck and much fun in the Windy City. :beerchug:

i think miami and chicago (NY?) are the most expensive areas, due to some good people ???walking around the nights.. ready to take your bike home..

i just need to find a gooodd price OTD. thanks for the info about T O Motorsports.. i will check it right now

Back