help i am new

jeffrow37341

Registered
i have a 2005 busa i bought it about 2 months ago. i was riding today and it shut down and would not start back. when i push the start i just hear a clik under the seat. any help would be gr8. i am new to the busa so i have know clue about them. thanks

Did mistakenly hit the kill switch on the right hand grip?

Your battery is dead or a cable is loose.

A snap of cold weather will always finish off a battery that is ready to die.

Are the instrument panel / headlights / turn signals working?

If not, check the battery and cables. If the panels / lights are dim and the bike wont turn over, the battery is probably dead.

If the instrument panels etc. are lit normally, check the ignition kill switch on the kickstand (it looks like a silver top hat that is engaged when the kickstand is down). If it's stuck or defective, that could be the problem.

call the dealer see if they have an 08 i will come pick yours up and you go get a new one

j.k there right check the kill sitch on your right thumb control or loose battery cable or junked battery

follow up:

to check the kickstand switch, the quick and easy way is to put the bike in neutral and attempt start-up.

If it starts, bring the kickstand up (be sitting on the bike when you do this, obv.) and put the bike in gear. If it dies when you go into gear, the switch is bad.

This isn't a catch-all, as there could be a faulty wire to the switch etc., but it's a start.

ok i will check the battery. but to answer quetions yes head light are on and dash lights all come on and the kill switch is in the run posion. and i will look at every thing yall have told me to check and get back with yall. and thanks for all the help.

oh and here is a pic of my busa.

busa_2.JPG

hey guys back up and riding!!!! it was the starter. i guess the other day when i was riding i pushed the start botten and caused the stater to lock up. but it is free now and starts everytime. agin thanks to all. and yall have a merry christmas!!!!!
beerchug.gif

Back