help choosing the right riding gear

appreciate the compliments... cars have always been my families and my own passion betwenn restorations,racing dirt track, and generally cruising and admiring...

traditionally motorcycling was how i relaxed day to day... IMHO nothing quite as nice as a long country ride...

but man do i hate watching them leave... almost like losing a kid!

anyhow, already started investigating the suggestions people have given me and im finding some great stuff out there... found a local shop to me actually so i got to see some of these products first hand which really helped...

Last edited:
If you do not mind "used" gear, check your local craigslist for bargains! A few months ago, I bought a pair of Joe Rocket boots and an Icon jacket for $40!!!!!

But if you'd rather go with new, I like these sites for discounted gear:
New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD
Motorcycle Closeouts :: Motorcycle Apparel - Motorcycle Jackets - Motorcycle Helmets - 7 Years of Closeout Deals!
Street Bike Gear and Sportbike Helmets - Motorcycle Superstore

Aaron, ask 5 people about gear, likely get 5 answers.

I'm a big fan of leather myself. :laugh:

displayimage.php

If you approach gear for the standpoint of, If I'm going to go sliding down the road at 60 mph, what should I be wearing?

And don't skimp on gloves. This dude would have no knuckles if he would have been riding bare-handed.

Gloves-B12Bill-Barf.jpg

Gloves-B12Bill-Barf.jpg

I am deffinatly approaching it from the "if i had to fall off my bike at 60mph" angle...

which is perhaps why i have so many questions, because DAMN do i not want to get the answer wrong!

nice picture of the gloves.. really proves your point...

however, anyone else think pashnit's riding picture is a big old BUTT SHOT....

Wow, nice rides. Were those cars in the 2009 Scottsdale auctions? I think I remember seeing them when I watched it, but could be wrong.

As to gear, I wear a textile First Gear Jaunt jacket and HT overpants. I go that route because I do lots of touring and long distance riding and need something weather proof. If you will be primarily canyon carving and sport riding in good weather, go with leather. Of course I also wear full coverage boots, leather gloves with knuckle protection and a full face helmet :)

Wow, nice rides. Were those cars in the 2009 Scottsdale auctions? I think I remember seeing them when I watched it, but could be wrong.

As to gear, I wear a textile First Gear Jaunt jacket and HT overpants. I go that route because I do lots of touring and long distance riding and need something weather proof. If you will be primarily canyon carving and sport riding in good weather, go with leather. Of course I also wear full coverage boots, leather gloves with knuckle protection and a full face helmet :)

My memmory is on the fuzzy side... never could remember a date for the life of me... but best guess is.....

the chevy II was either in 2009 or 2008... the GTO and Nova were in 2008 or 2007 maybe .... Also had a chevelle SS convert restomod in 09 or 08 as well... the tri-five never made it to auction..

The Chevy II and GTO would have been up in the bidders tent up on the hill...

been awhile... so i could be off on the years a bit

Around town i wear mesh textile and on the open road its leather all the way.
We dont get snow around here and with temps never dropping below 60f so we wear seriously vented gear.
Pic of my leathers below.picked them up for 900$ new.
Ill go leathers over anything else on the road.

boots n jacket 001.jpg

Back