Help checking trans fluid

Hey Rocket,

Try some synthetic oil on your next change. You will really like how much smoother your engine and shifting will be !! Just don't ask what brand to use or we will have a 46 page thread here in about 30 minutes :laugh:.. Just make sure it is a motorcycle rated synthetic or synthetic blend and you really can't go wrong IMHO.. :beerchug:

P.S. Do a search on oil here on the thread and you will find months worth of reading..:laugh:

Welcome ... That sound you hear in neutral at idle are the primary gears ....one on the end of the crankshaft and the gear around the clutch basket..= normal. like someone said pull in the clutch and the sound goes away.. just annoying.. all Busa's do it. Sorry mr Bogus...you already told him that.

Last edited:
When I have the bike in gear, it doesn't make this light knocking sound. It only happens if I put the bike in neutral when its cold which is what I do now (I used to just hold the clutch down) when I'm letting it warm up in the morning. this is why I think it might be something in the transmission. I'll check out the cam chain just in case!
Sounds like the clutch pack is rattling is all.. nothing to worry about

Back