Motul DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid

Big difference between DOT 5 and DOT 5.1, don't confuse the two.

DOT 4 will work fine, but DOT 5.1 even better. DOT 5 which is different is not compatible, but standard fill for Harley.

Linky for those interested.

brakefluids

I'm just curious Jelly, if Dot 4 lifts the rear tire off the ground what does Dot 5.1 do that 4.0 won't do? :dunno:

I'm just curious Jelly, if Dot 4 lifts the rear tire off the ground what does Dot 5.1 do that 4.0 won't do? :dunno:

It depends how often and with what frequency you lift that tire. 5.1 Will boil a bit later, so you can get a couple of extra tire lifts.:laugh:

Incidentally, DOT 3 will lift the rear of the ground also.

It depends how often and with what frequency you lift that tire. 5.1 Will boil a bit later, so you can get a couple of extra tire lifts.:laugh:

Incidentally, DOT 3 will lift the rear of the ground also.

I can pissin the reservor and you can still lift the rear too! I'll be happy to get that done for you if you'd like to give it a go! :laugh:

Oh, and it's a lot less expensive than 5.1 and it won't change color over time either. :laugh:

I can pissin the reservor and you can still lift the rear too! I'll be happy to get that done for you if you'd like to give it a go! :laugh:

Let me know when you plan to do that, would love to take a video, the pissin part I mean.:laugh:

Back