Helmet's

Helmet's - what brand u have and thoughts of it.

• AGV

Votes: 256 100.0%
  • HJC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOLAN

• SHOEI

• ARAI

• SUOMY

• VEMAR

• ICON

• KBC

• OTHER

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've use most of the Major brands over the years, and keep going back to Shoei, for no other reason than they just seem to fit my skull the best. whoever molded Shoei's helmits must have had the same shape mellon as mine

I have 2 AGVs they are great for me. I am a big rossi fan and that might have something to do with it. super.gif guns.gif nicky hayden, just kidding but rossi will return.

Here's my Schuberth. I like the Ventilation-System, city position on the shield, chin vent, internal flip-down sun shade, Moto Magazine Excellent Award and air intake over the head area. Downside, kinda expensive.

SCHUBERTH.jpg

AGV Stealth helmets here.... great fit and good price. Just a little loud when you are on the highway (wind noise).

PC100002__Small_.JPG

WOW!! I am completely shocked that this thread has gone THREE pages and not one mention of Scorpion Helmets. Completely surprises me.

I have had a Scorpion EXO-700 since July last year and I am completely impressed with its quiet, ease of glareshield removal and its low price. The helmet was rated #2 behind the Three times more expensive Arai by JD Powers consumer ratings and their own in-house testing.

In the 760 miles of rain I rode in earlier this month... the visor didn't fog ONCE! In fact... it hasn't since I bought it new. The liner is extremely comfortable and it hasn't lost its fit.

Scorpion has announced their new line, the EXO-1000 helmet that has air bladders like a NIKE pump shoe. It uses the same type of technology to insure a perfect fit and surround each time you wear the helmet.

Oh... did I mention their kevlar helmet is lightweight too? All for the lower price of $150 for a non-graphic helmet.

I've tried quite a few others and I like that the Scorpion never bobbles at high speeds like the ICON does. Even some of the Arai helmets I have tried still buffet at speeds over 160+. When I was shopping for a helmet, only the Schuberth was quieter than the Scorpion, but it better be for 3-4 times the cost. Considering the miles I ride, I wanted comfort, safety and function. Cost really wasn't the option.

exo700_rivet.jpg

Only have HJCs, started out with a Bell Fullface in 1978. Will do more research before next purchase. I need to buy a faceshield for my original HJC and maybe new guts to tighten it up a bit. Get choked on peg runs SHOCKED.gif

I have an HJC right now, but I'm going to be test fitting others REAL soon because after wearing the lid for 30mins+ it begins to shimmy a little on my head at higher speeds and I don't like that.

Can't remember the model, but it's one of the lower end 150$ ones.

I've been shopping for a new helmet and ran accross this endorsement from the "TrackAddix" guys.

They're a pretty serious bunch of enthusiasts... http://trackaddix.com
and apparently like the Scorpio Helmets alot.

What's the difference between a $600 helmet and a Scorpion Exo? About $400 bucks! We are so impressed by this helmet that our whole racing team has switched to them. In our opinion, this is an Arai helmet at an HJC price! Spend 5 minutes with this helment and you will want one. The shield system is the best we've seen. You can remove the shield in less than 2 seconds. Replacing it takes a little longer at a mere 10 seconds! The shield itself is thick and sturdy yet flexible enough to bend completely backwards and inside out without cracking or breaking. The anti-fog coating is laminated right into the shield. We have tried everything we know of and can not get this shield to fog up. The over all fit, finish, and venting of the helmet is excellent and on par with much more expensive brands. The liner is fully removeable and can be thrown in your washing machine for cleaning. You can even customize this helmet with personalized liners and accessory kits. And hey! Checkout that little hottie Dr. Nikki Sloan! We'd like to make her the official TrackAddix Umbrella Girl! www.ScorpionUSA.com - BUY NOW

KBC speed demon, like the one on roc's avatar. only complaint is that it's noisey at speed, my favorite was my Shoei RFR, quiet and comfortable. beerchug.gif

OGK FF4 Love the fit, can't say anything bad just ordered new liners. It's all about airflow for me and it flows great. I think their imported by some guy who works out of his garage or maybe even his trunk.

I love brain-bucket threads, there's almost always a debate...hehehe.

The way i see it, if you think you're special NOT wearing it, you'll WILL be when you hit the ground without it. winkold.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back