helmet law thing

You are probably going to fast for your ability....no seriously i have heard that someone crashed so bad that the text "helmet law sucks" were almost completely scraped off the helmet..........

Dr Busa,you sound like the same people that judge others by their color,what they wear,how they talk,and etc.Don't judge someone until you meet them in person.I know for a face you would never say those words to me in person.But like I've said all along this is America.Ride safe and don't hide behind your keyboard and don't believe everything your read in the papers, stats,or what someone says or what ever,just take life one day at a time cause remember when you go down on your bike,if you own one "which I hope you won't" remember this posting.Be Kind to people!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 30 September 1999).]

Have i been unkind to anyone, if so please explain to me where and in what way, i'm still learning the english language and might have said something the wrong way.

Those beanie helmets have to be the silliest things I've ever seen. Not sure how they could be considered a real helmet. Might as well wear a baseball cap! No offense to you Cisco - I'm speaking generally and not about anyone in particular. Good to see you wear a proper helmet at least some of the time.

For the record I wear an Arai fullface all the time.

Konrad: Isn't there some ER wisdom that says helmet shape has a lot to do with cervical trauma. I have heard in my travels that the bottom lip of poorly shaped helmets hooks things while the victim is sliding and does neck damage. The wisdom says that the shape must curve in toward the neck, eg like the Shoei and Arai full faces. Beanie helmets and half heads may in fact add to neck injury. I don't know of hard research about this, just heresay. Does this ring true with your experience?

Cisco. There is no way I was trying to be rude to a former Vet, SEAL, and Bodybuilder. Even across the net. I was merely trying to find out from Konrad what his experience was with helmet shapes.

Konrad Any comments about shape/type of helmet. In my experience it is unusual to find ER personnel riding bikes.

Todd the helmet I wear is bigger than a beanie helmet but smaller than your standard Highway Patrol helmet.The company that made it uses carbon fiber and other materials that are used in combat helmets.I compaired my helmet with my friends who has beanie helmets and my helmet is about twice the weight of theirs.Everyone out here in California calls any helmet that is not a full face helmet a beanie helmet.In some parts of Europe and South America the full face helmets are sometime called sniper helmet cause some of the killings or hits are done by motorcyclist who wear full face helmet to hide their ID.I believe in one country it is unlawful to wear a full face helmet because of this.Remember it might be silly to wear a beanie helmet,but it's no different when you see someone wearing a full face helmet and tank top,shorts and sandals and riding a sport bike.I do not tell people how to dress,how to ride or what to ride,but I will pull you off your bike if you're too drunk to ride and get you a taxi to take you home and trailer your bike home for you.That's the way life should be in my world,look out for your fellow human.In America you can choose to do what you want and if it offends people from other countries or this country that is the way life goes.Just remember me and alot of the guys you see riding Harleys and other types of bikes wearing those silly beanie helmets where the same people that wore those military helmets in Nam and other countries and fighting their wars.If alot of you guys or gals out there are so concern about the safety of other people on the Highways you would be pushing laws thru congress to ban beer and other alcohol products which contribute to alot of the accidents that happen on the highways.So let this post die and lets get back to motorcycle riding.

Back