An actual Mag Test Result

OB_DanaT

Registered
I got this off teh ZX12 list to check out this website.

http://members.chello.at/ingenio/zx12/

I translated some of it. Here was my post
>>>>><<<<<<<<<

Well all,

Lets see. If any country knows Top Speed i would say that is is Germany.

Furthermore, Motorrad, is a higly respected magazine (probably the biggest in the country).

So, They claim that they hit 297 kmh (185 mph). Should we belive them? Why not. Let us also note that thsi test was performed at 2 degrees centigrade (high 30s F). Remeber this is VERY favorable to making power at that temp. Cool air makes a great charge.

0-62 mph 2.5 Sec
0-88 mph 4.0 Sec
0-125 mph 7.0 Sec

Max hp (crank as required by German law for registering a bike) 131kw (178 hp DIN which is slightly more than SAE). Specifically s says on the bottom of the paper "Leistung an der Kupplung" This translates to Hp measure on the crackshaft. "DIN Messung " translates to DIN hp. They are claiming a possiblity of error of 5%.

Now here is a good one. They Saw 330 kmh on the speedo (207 mph) but it was only really going 297 kmh ( 185mph). Wow it doesn't look like Kawi even made it into the elite 300 kmh club. Lets see there are probably fewer than 20 production vehicles in this club. Kawi ain't one.

The weighht they are claiming on the ZX12 full gas tank is 249 kg (548 lbs)

Well we will see how it all works out.
-Dana

Well if this is true it looks like my info from Suzuki at Daytona "Holds Water"!

Suzuki US told me the Busa is king,in 1/4 mile and top speed when a US magazine held a recent shoot out.

It doesn't appear that there is really an 11 pound difference between the two bikes either. What a surprise. Thanks for translating. Smaller fuel tank in the 12 too if I remember correctly.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 21 March 2000).]

zx12 :249 kilograms = 548.951 pounds.
Busa :248 kilograms = 546.7464 pounds. [Claimed]

The ACTUAL measured wet weight of the Busa was 245 kg (540.1325) by Motorcycle OnLine -
http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompare/topspeed/busaspecs.html

Fuel capacity for 49 state Busa is 5.8 gal (21.594 liters)
ZX-12 - 5.3 gal (20.06 liters)

Busa gains a few pounds just from the extra 1/2 gallon on board not to mention the dual outlet exhaust and cans.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 22 March 2000).]

Its not what I would call another nail in the coffin but it sure dont sound encouraging either.

Back