Hello from Australia

hey Wayne,

Richo from Brissy here.
What do you recon of the busa compared to your other bikes now.
Have you had it mapped yet etc etc

Hi Richo,

Are you on the Aussie Hayabusa forum? I was asked exactly the same question there. The thread is in the "New members introduce yourselves here" section - newbie from Canberra thread, same user name there as here.

No mapping or anything like that. Apart from the slip-ons and screen I probably won't do much else to it - pretty happy with its performance straight out of the box, although I might look at a set of Helibars after I've done a decent long ride if my wrists and shoulders complain too much.

Stay safe and travel well,
Shane

yes im on aussie forum mate with name of blackbullet.
My advice for u is to send your ecu to Petes Pitstop in Qld he does it by post and get it flashed..best 250 or so u will ever spend.

Might see you around if we get to one of the Busa bashes they have now and again.

Cheers Richo

yes im on aussie forum mate with name of blackbullet.
My advice for u is to send your ecu to Petes Pitstop in Qld he does it by post and get it flashed..best 250 or so u will ever spend.

Might see you around if we get to one of the Busa bashes they have now and again.

Cheers Richo

Thanks, seems pretty cheap and painless. I'll give it a bit more time before I go down that path though - plenty enough speed for me as is - I can already lose my license in every gear so I'm not sure whether more at the top end will do me any good.

Last edited:
haha I know how you feel but its more about rideability than speed..eg smoother throttle response etc etc.

Anyway shane enjoy the busa as we all do mate.

Regards,

Richo

Just a quick gidday from WA. First Busa pick up this week, around about bike #25. I remember a mate buying a Gen 1 when they first came out and calling him a nutter! Fifteen years later I'm doing the same and should know better.

Mine is the exotic blue that you poor b & w guys don't get.
800600L1_GSX1300R_L1_ss_c2.png

Just a quick gidday from WA. First Busa pick up this week, around about bike #25. I remember a mate buying a Gen 1 when they first came out and calling him a nutter! Fifteen years later I'm doing the same and should know better.

Mine is the exotic blue that you poor b & w guys don't get.
800600L1_GSX1300R_L1_ss_c2.png

:welcome: Hey Belzybob, great choice of colour! Yep, the older we get the less we know :laugh: I'm sure you'll love the Busa, congratulations.
Stay safe and travel well.
Shane

Good to see such a healthy amount of Aussies here. They were also very active in the forums for my last bike.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope you don't mind I introduced myself in Shane's thread, but as he also had a Candy Blue I thought it appropriate.

I see an Aussie Busa site mentioned, is it possible to get a URL for that please?

Back