Hello from Australia

Thanks to all those who offered the welcomes, especially those who offered their thoughts for the guys up in Qld who are facing quite a lot of damage, loss and hardship at the moment.

Blue, yes definitely the best colour (imho), must be as even my ZX14 was blue.

I don't know about the fastest though, although I don't have any excuses - any lack of speed is a reflection on my lack of ability, not the bike's performance. I don't know what attracts me to these types of high performance bikes, I will never be able to ride them to their full potential - but hey it's a ton of fun trying:mwink:

Gee Shane they haven't been out long here, and you were quick to add that pipe:tongue:

Yep, I saw it, I rode it, I bought it! Well maybe not quite as quick as that but you get the idea. Love the sound of the pipes and they took quite a bit of bulk and weight off compared to the stock items.
I should receive the MRA screen this coming week as well and that will be pretty much it for mods.

Long time bike rider mostly on tourers/sports tourers and lately dual sports.

Last fling before I settle down and do lots of Ulysses rides on a big dual sports so I also got a Candy Blue Busa, and I'm loving every second of it.

Adriaan - South Coast NSW

2011_GSXR-1340_QHS-98(290111)_1462.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Org. Nice bike... Summer time down under?? Major Snow storm....here.
You Lucky dog :thumbsup:

Long time bike rider mostly on tourers/sports tourers and lately dual sports.

Last fling before I settle down and do lots of Ulysses rides on a big dual sports so I also got a Candy Blue Busa, and I'm loving every second of it.

Adriaan - South Coast NSW

Hey Adriaan,
Just gotta love the Candy Blue! I've had a very similar bike history including big dual sports (had a R1100GS a few years back). Yep, I'm with you, love the Busa, it's fantastic.
Stay safe and travel well.

Welcome to the Org. Nice bike... Summer time down under?? Major Snow storm....here.
You Lucky dog :thumbsup:

Yes summer time but lots and lots of rain - but still managing to get out during the clear weather so better than snow storms. Ah well, won't be long and you will have your spring and summer so enjoy the riding when it comes around, here's hoping you have fantastic summer with clear skies and clean roads !:beerchug:

Welcome Shane. Plenty of us Aussies here.
You must know Heidi, being from Canberra and riding a Busa!
If you don't you must! She's nuts! :thumbsup:

No I don't know her, not been on the Busa very long but now I'm scared :goodboy:

If you get a chance have a look at the Aussie Busa site. She's there.
She's had a Busa since 1999, lapped Australia in 2 weekson one, does regular track days at Eastern Creek, Phillip Island, The Farm and Wakefield... and also has a GSXR750 (trackbike) and RGV250 (tracbike).

hey Wayne,

Richo from Brissy here.
What do you recon of the busa compared to your other bikes now.
Have you had it mapped yet etc etc

Back