Heli-Bars

2wheeler

Registered
Anyone using them and what do you think? The website says you can use the stock cables and hydraulic lines.
Also, has anyone used both the HBs and the Reapers Risers. Was there a significant difference in the two?

I've had the Heli Bars on for quite a while now and I love 'em.

Yes, they really are a bolt on, only some minor re routing of lines are required.

I have both Heli bars and 3/4 reaper risers on my bike. Still have to stock cables too! Only problem is that the brake fluid reservoir lid hits my wind screen when i put the bars full left to lock them while its parked. Other than that they are great. Just have to reroute the fast idle cable and you should be good... unless you want to go with a bigger than 3/4 inch reaper riser. You would probably need longer cables then.

IMG_0529.jpg

Probably stupid question, but I noticed in the pic that yours are black and I went to helibars web site and they showed silver ones. Did you paint or powdercoat yours, or can you request black.

Thanks,
Jim

(2wheeler @ Sep. 13 2007,17:35) Anyone using them and what do you think? The website says you can use the stock cables and hydraulic lines.
Also, has anyone used both the HBs and the Reapers Risers. Was there a significant difference in the two?
Helibars and Buell pegs turned my Busa into an ALL DAY rider with no aches and pains!! Greatest 2 mods for comfort!!
beerchug.gif

My Heli Bars are Black and with TLR peg replacements, the comfort (with a Tobin) is GREAT  
beerchug.gif

(ocechap @ Oct. 04 2007,19:09) Probably stupid question, but I noticed in the pic that yours are black and I went to helibars web site and they showed silver ones. Did you paint or powdercoat yours, or can you request black.

Thanks,
Jim
The older model of helibars was black. They just recently upgraded them to an aluminum colored version that is lighter. Price jumped a little on them too.

i just ordered helibars within a month ago and mine are black and i also use the reaper riser mod and its great for ur comfort very worth the money for sure
beerchug.gif

Back