Heating problem

Lost Soldier

Registered
Hi guys, got a question....I don't know if anyone can answer me, but does a Busa have a safety that turns the engine off before it overheats??? the reason i ask this is because i have a 2000 busa, it looks that when the bike is started for awhile and when the temp gauge reaches like the mid line of the gauge the fan still doesn't turn on and the engine turn off by itself. I noticed the thermo switch was not working and i replaced it but the bike still does the same thing.

???hey guys i know this is old but had a quick question, i just found out my fuse was blown for the fan, ok if the fan does'nt come on will that cause the bike to go in the red, the reason i asked is because i did everything, burping checking the thermo the relay, can it just be as simple as a blown fuse for the fan????

???hey guys i know this is old but had a quick question, i just found out my fuse was blown for the fan, ok if the fan does'nt come on will that cause the bike to go in the red, the reason i asked is because i did everything, burping checking the thermo the relay, can it just be as simple as a blown fuse for the fan????

can somebody plz answer this.:please::please::please::please:

Yep, put some water wetter, burp it again, let it run and come up to temp, the fan should come on, then let it sit for about 15 more minutes if it overheats and the fan is kicking it might be your thermostat. Once the needle goes 3/4 of the way you need to turn it off...you might had cause some damage to your head gasket... let us know...

its working great i let it run for about 20 or 30 min it stayed rite in the norm, but my fan is making a weird noise like it needs some oil lol. ill look at it in a sec it was dark last nite. it might be rubbing against somethin. ok imma try some wate wetter. how much do i put in i just pour it in do i need to drain some fluid?

The instructions are on the back of the bottle, can't remember....the fan might be touching the mesh guard....check it before you burn it...there is no oil to it, it's electric motor..

Back