Heading to V.I.R. today for Corner Speed on Monday!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys and Gals:

If anyone from the Org is at V.I.R. on Monday or happen to be there today until later this evening. A few friends and I, are heading out there for a track day! :cheerleader: It came a last minute for a friend and I. He almost canceled his class due to an off track excursion last Sunday. And I finally got my truck fixed from a July 4th hit and run. We both spent the last couple of days piecing together his 05 600rr and getting tires and brakes on mine. We are also meeting up with few other people too.... Nate Kern form the BMW boxer cup series, who is running a S1000rr now. And a few other of his crew chiefs friends. His crew chief died last year due to a bird strike of many vultures in the road around a blind corner. I was the last one to ride with him a week before the accident. So we all are doing this track day in honor of him too! Anyone and everyone if you happen to be in the area... drop in and say hi!

Later

Tim

4 hot morning sessions done! The brembo master cylinder doing its job! No fade and going deeper on the gas before using the brakes. Will try to use my go pro next session out!

:cheerleader:Yes a lot!:cheerleader: Got bumped to advance group! Running about mid pack! I see where I got to clean up my riding! :bowdown: They are fast!

Here are some of the pictures I clicked off the Iphone.

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

Will I was on the 09 1k as you can see! I would be curious to see how the busa would do! But, in all fairness I know I would be a little slower on it, due to weight, due to ground clearance, and just it working me in this heat to death!

The Go Pro didnt take AGAIN!:banghead::crowbar: I hate that F'n thing right now! I have missed some great video!

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

My day went like this! Chris and I both got up at 6 am. Packed up the tent. Awoke to a nice sun rise. Got water and some food in us. It was going to be about 100 degrees today. Put all our gear on and double checked everything. I went to tech as he went to The Corner Speed School tech and work shop. From then on I was with out my pit partner all day. I rode the first session.... in E2 group. Had issues.. tire pressure to high (Set cold 30/30)(hot became 37/37), brake lever to close to the lever, my gloves were bugging me, my leather suit and back protector where binding up, and all of this causing me to be uncomfortable and feeling crappy. This all affected my riding performance. Came in after the session and corrected all of the above. Second session, much much better! Leaving the field. Third session and some tire pressure removed again. Lapped the field. Fourth session same as third but lapped almost twice. During our lunch I asked to be bumped to E1 to give it a try. They had no problems and I rode 2 session of E1 with the same results as I got in E2. (I did try to record on the go pro on my last E2 session, but all I got was a picture of the Dash!) So I asked if it was possible to try advance group. They agreed to it after seeing the E1 sessions pace I was keeping. The last 2 session of the day were Advance, and man I did learn a lot! I saw what I needed to improve on.... which is everything! It was awesome to see the front runners go so quick and I had to learn how to work with faster traffic and also hold my line. Chris also won his mock up race at the end of his day, as well as get the schooling he needed to get even better. We both left the track at 7pm and got home at 11:30pm. Well off to the sack I go!

Your Q2's look awsome! Running midpack in the advanced group (You may very well have been the only guy on street rubber) is a testimonial of the ability of these tires!

Lapping everyone in the intermediate group is admirable but lapping them twice on a street bike with street rubber is a task I have never witnessed. Impressive to say the least!

If Sport Rider Magazine gets wind of your performance don't be surprised if you find your picture on the cover of an upcoming issue.

Looking forward to photos!

Congrats on a great performance Tim! :bowdown:

You r hauling azz Tim congrats! Just when I think I'm improving, here YOU go :moon:

Back