Hayabusa VS R1

Duanne

Registered
I'm a proud owner of a 2012 busa, a fellow at work says he is going to buy a 2013 R1 and smoke my ass, I told him if you feel it's your lucky day bring it on..Wondering what's all your thoughts about this...Oh he is about 70lbs heavier than me....LOL:rofl:

Have driven and owned several R1's and their nothing impressive for overall performance. The last fast R1 was made back in 03/04...He may keep up with you during mid range starts on the highway but 1/4 mile or high speed your gonna pull away.... ****DISCLAIMER - Rider Ability will play a huge factor in all results between different motorcycles

My friend had an 03 and a newer one, not sure the year. 06/07ish? I agree with the post above. The 03/04 had a nice bottom to top pull, the newer one was a pig until it was around 10k. I'm not sure about the brand new ones though.

I'm a proud owner of a 2012 busa, a fellow at work says he is going to buy a 2013 R1 and smoke my ass, I told him if you feel it's your lucky day bring it on..Wondering what's all your thoughts about this...Oh he is about 70lbs heavier than me....LOL:rofl:

I guess if you are really going to race him, first find out what kind of race.
From a stand still or both going down the highway at 80kph and then trying to both hit the gas at the same time?

Then Go practice - from a stand still, you don't go anywhere while spinning your tires but you don't want to pull a wheelie either.
In the end it will come down to how good the rider is. The Busa will have him in top end for sure - but it would be better to be in front of him all the way.
That way he can't say "well I beat you 0-80kph, before you caught up.

I'm pretty sure a PRO rider (Rossi) on a 750 could beat most guys on a Busa.

A track would be the best place to race as everything would be equal, but that costs money if there is even one close to you.
Be careful what ever you do.

I've ridden a 2010 R1 and they are fast however, if rider skill is equal the Hayabusa will win. I almost considered an R1 but wanted something that was better for longer rides. Also, the Busa is much smoother than the R1 as well. Be safe if you decide to run!

There was a video posted on here a while ago which pretty much sums it up....

I believe it was over in Europe somewhere. You had this crusty old biker on this rat rod nuts & bolts chopper vs some young kid on a CBR 929 or 954. That CBR was lighter and literally had 3x's the HP of that bag of bolts chopper. But when it came down 2 race time none of that mattered. That old biker had the 1 thing money can't buy and that's EXPERIENCE....:whistle: That biker knew his bike inside and out and probably been riding it for 20+years. he knew what it can and can't do. Needless 2 say he beat that kid 3x's in a row!! On paper that CBR should've demolished that rat rod but @ the end of the day when it comes 2 racing especially amateur racing skill will trump HP 9x's out of 10.

The Busa and the R1 are fast in their own right and 70lbs won't matter if he's a more skilled proficient rider. If he is able 2 work the clutch and get the holeshot on you that added 70lbs may be to his benefit coming off the line while you spin tire and struggle 2 hold a line.

The newer R1s are "fly by wire" bikes. Their throttle cables are not connected to the throttle bodies, but instead are controlled electronically. Because of that, when you whack the throttle wide open, it doesn't open wide until 8,000 rpm and stays open until around 12 -12,500 rpm . . . at that point, they begin to CLOSE. Between 12,500 and 14,500, the throttle plates are only open 85%, not wide open. If you know this, you know how to race a bike like this. You can tell him the only thing he will be smoking is crack . . .:rofl:

Frank does ECU unleashed open the throttle plates up sooner and longer?

The newer R1s are "fly by wire" bikes. Their throttle cables are not connected to the throttle bodies, but instead are controlled electronically. Because of that, when you whack the throttle wide open, it doesn't open wide until 8,000 rpm and stays open until around 12 -12,500 rpm . . . at that point, they begin to CLOSE. Between 12,500 and 14,500, the throttle plates are only open 85%, not wide open. If you know this, you know how to race a bike like this. You can tell him the only thing he will be smoking is crack . . .:rofl:

Frank does ECU unleashed open the throttle plates up sooner and longer?

Yes, the Ecu Unleashed tune file flash for the Your-mama-jas does open up the throttle plates sooner, and it keeps them
wide open right to the rev limiter. Both the R1 and R6 flashes are VERY popular, they make a HUGE difference with these bikes, night and day difference. I had one R1 get to 168 rear and 84 ft-lbs of torque, and these "cross-plane" motors typically don't get past 160 with a full pipe and custom tune . . .

Even if he did beat you, not going to happen. Anyway, it's still just a Yamaha R1 in the end. Just another R1. If he is talking crap like that, he is probb. a squid and can't ride anyway.

Back