Hayabusa update for 06

Does it really matter if they change anything or not? Right now we have a bike that has been on top for 5 (soon to be 6 ) years with the only real performance change from the factory being to limit the speed. What other motorcycle can possibly claim that? We have a piece of history that we all enjoy, so enjoy.

Besides, aside from a very select few who ever leaves their bikes stock anydamnedway? You wanna go faster........ How much can you spend

I knew it all along.. our motors...were designed---using-- CAMT---
laugh.gif

I see what some of you guys are saying "If it ain't broke why fix it" but.....

For those of us that actually ride our bike and get to the edge of it's performance, we want more.

For instance what are the first mods usually done?

1. Cut mud flap

So why not give it a cleaner rear (undertail maybe?) and get some 2004+ style blinkers instead of these big honk'n old style blinkers.

2. Weight/Power

First of all weight! Yes, the bike is very stable with it's extra girth but why not take a few pounds off it while they are at it?

Where you ask??

Mainly exhaust! You can gain about 10+HP and loose about 20lbs. just by going to an aftermarket system. Another weight factor is the frame/build process. They could put a lot of the new technology into assembly and cut a few pounds off. Last main weight saver is the WHEELS! Something newer/lighter in apperance and function.

3. Braking

You can't have more weight and power than everyone else and have worse brakes! We want radial, maybe bigger rotors and Stainless Steel lines or something close from the factory. When you are at 160MPH+ and get on the brakes, you want to actually feel like the brakes are doing there job without any mercy, not just barely getting the job done!

4. Looks/Graphics

This is different for everyone. I like the current looks but if they are going to update the bike, they might see if they can squeak a little more aero out of it while they are looking at appearance options. Improve on what the Hayabusa is already best at Least amount of DRAG!

5. Engine

The motor has more than enough power for some but lets get real for the other 50% of BUSA owners. We want more....TQ and peak power! Whether it's bigger CC or revamped Cams/Pipe/Airbox...and or....computer. Whatever, just get it done and make it work. Take the newer EFI and get the ON/OFF throttle responce perfect. Take the Computer/PC to the next level. If the 32-bit isn't enough make it better!

Don't get me wrong, the BUSA is a great bike NOW but for those of us that take it to the LIMIT and are whipping it for more, we want MORE!
wink.gif
Suzuki has built a great bike, it's just time to improve on it after 7-years on the market. We don't want another V-MAX!

Josh
cool.gif

Howli'n..Hmm..Bench racing...I got this--you only got that---It's true..when i tell some coworkers and pal's that i have 170 RW at sea level..ram air doing it's thing...BUT i and quite a few others will open up the Beast to
feel whats she's got..only if maybe for a few seconds... 1st 2nd 3rd...0 to 129---8-9 seconds....watta rush--and it can last for day's just thinking about it.. WooHoo.
The other point , remake of our bike or not too--- I like my 01 just fine..never was intended to be a track bike..as in road racing..I knew that the day i bought it. At 53 she corners plenty fast for me. What do you ride now Howli'n ?

first bike to break 200
hmm....me thinks the 99 busa did this? no? 227mph, probably corrected rather than true radar but wasnt this the big claim to fame and what prompted the changes to restrict all bikes to 197?

And I know a couple of dealers, they either dont know or arent sayin squat even though they know I'm not in the market for an 05. I do have some friends that are fluent in japanese so if you got a contact maybe we can learn more
wink.gif

i see busa as a latter day bandit type,no changes until
forced to it.engine is way overbuilt so can withstand hp
mods.they are pretty much selling all they can build and street credos are pretty much untouchable.i see bikes going
the other way,smaller engines more hp,turbos,superchargers
vtec,less weight,etc ,etc.
i love my busa and still waiting on b-king,but lets face it,
economically suzuki would be crazy to kill their own bike with
one that would outclass the busa.

first bike to break 200
hmm....me thinks the 99 busa did this? no? 227mph, probably corrected rather than true radar but wasnt this the big claim to fame and what prompted the changes to restrict all bikes to 197?
I have only seen 1-bike test out of all the tests since 1999 getting a HAYABUSA to 200mph BONE STOCK!

Most are in the 190-195mph area for original TOP SPEED!

And the bikes have since been restricted starting in 2001 to 300KPH/186MPH so....

I don't know where you are getting the 227 corrected, or 197 limited numbers??.??.??

i love my busa and still waiting on b-king,but lets face it,
economically suzuki would be crazy to kill their own bike with
one that would outclass the busa.
I see your point and understand what you are saying but that just isn't smart for Suzuki or any brand.......

If that was the case we would all still be riding GSX-R 1100's or V-MAX's. Get my point....to move on with technology, sometimes you have to better the TOP DOG even if its your own!

They won't change anything to enhance performance.   It would be a bad idea to demote the first 5 years of Hayabusas.   Its already an amazing platform for further modification, why should they do the mods when everyone else eventually will?

The Plecostomus

<!--EDIT|plecostomus
Reason for Edit: "no real reason"|1098656224 -->

Oh the change is gonna happen...thats fer' sure. Prolly in 06, and that's a good thing
wink.gif
. My point is folks should enjoy what they have, for the ride that it is...not for the bench racing numbers it provides. If you get all upset cause' somebody else has a bike with better benchracing numbers...then you'd either better recheck your priorities (are you a rider or a poser?) have deep enough pockets to buy a new bike every 2 years, or find a self esteem/ego booster that's a little less expensive (pocket bikes anyone?...lol) Now if your just plain getting spanked in your chosen type of riding by a better bike..then I'd say you have a serious beef, but for those of us who aren't?? the point??
rock.gif

I think bikes are meant to be ridden and enjoyed...not benchraced. If you want to have the fastest thing on the road, its not really what bike you own...but how much money/time/effort ect your willing to put into it. Ask NE...when he goes riding he's in a league of his own...no matter who he rides with. So no matter what bike or year you have...ride long and prosper
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Back