Hayabusa tune up

I just got the new Stator cover ($40 on Amazon) and got it to the shop. Now, they say it's going to cost another $1500 (quote attached). :wtf: What do I do now? Is there anyway to do this cheaper?

Repair Cost.jpg

I just got the new Stator cover ($40 on Amazon) and got it to the shop. Now, they say it's going to cost another $1500 (quote attached). :wtf: What do I do now? Is there anyway to do this cheaper?

Dude! What are you trying to accomplish here?

Just replace the cover?
I installed a woodcraft stator cover and it was EASY. There is no way replacing back to stock is that hard.

Is there a problem with the bike? Does all that need to be replaced?

If not, do a search and replace it yourself. I'm telling you its not that hard.

And plastics? I don't have any advice. I dropped mine 2 months ago and I'm still riding around like that. It hurts the ego but not the ride.

Sent from my super-duper wack tmobile device using tapatalk.

Dude! What are you trying to accomplish here?

Just replace the cover?
I installed a woodcraft stator cover and it was EASY. There is no way replacing back to stock is that hard.

Is there a problem with the bike? Does all that need to be replaced?

If not, do a search and replace it yourself. I'm telling you its not that hard.

And plastics? I don't have any advice. I dropped mine 2 months ago and I'm still riding around like that. It hurts the ego but not the ride.

According to the shop, the case cover was pushed in which hit the stator rotor and destroyed it because the engine was still going. I have never worked on that area of any bike, so I don't know...

I just ordered the two expensive parts in the attached picture above for $260 total. That beats $900, but its still a lot of money. The shop said the bike wouldn't run without replacing them. Could this be true???

I kinda don't have any options since I don't have a way to tow the bike 50 miles home. I just want them to get it running. Then I can take it home and finish repairs. Is 2.5 hours the expected time to replace the stator and rotor?

Thanks for the help!!!

Since they are going to use the "standard" out of the manual for man hours.

So 2.5 is probably what the manual says. But in reality it should only take a hour @ best.

Did the cover look dented inwards?

Most times the road will grind a hole in the cover before it caves in. it's the reason woodcraft has the puck @ the bottom.

How did it get to the shop?
After you dropped it, did you try to start it?

Ask them to email you a picture of the "damaged" stator!

Since they are going to use the "standard" out of the manual for man hours.

So 2.5 is probably what the manual says. But in reality it should only take a hour @ best.

Did the cover look dented inwards?

Most times the road will grind a hole in the cover before it caves in. it's the reason woodcraft has the puck @ the bottom.

How did it get to the shop?
After you dropped it, did you try to start it?

Ask them to email you a picture of the "damaged" stator!

Hard to say, I had it towed to the shop and didn't know what to look for. I have the bike here with me at school. All my tools and a garage is 50 miles away, so I can't really have it towed there...

I figured I would out the cheap cover on and protect it with frame sliders rather than buying the nice cover and puck.

I didn't try to start it after I dropped it. I sure hope the shop didn't after I dropped it off... :-/ Does the bike automatically shut off when it falls? Is there anyway to see when the bike was last ran? Now I'm getting suspicious and kinda pissed! I asked the service manager if they tried to start it, and he seemed apprehensive for some reason before telling me that they hadn't. I was just worried that there wasn't enough oil and was wondering why he appeared to slightly evade the question.

Is it possible that the damage did occur during slide? Has this ever happened before?

I think looking at the damage is a great idea! I will drop by the shop when I take the parts over.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316407968.232331.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback!

I just dropped off the replacement parts and picked up the old cover. It looks like the first impact cracked it and knocked one of the ribs into the rotating assembly. This is visible in the third picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316734870.840905.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316734882.608476.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316734902.419730.jpg

I think it was a combination of both. Also, I just had the rear tire replaced earlier that day and they added pressure to the front, so I think I just wasn't used to it yet.

I am still kind of in disbelief that this happened, and everything still hurts! I looked at the busa, and I think that the damages aren't as bad as I originally thought, so hopefully I will be riding again this week. I also think I'm gonna throw a new master cylinder and SS brake lines while I'm at it.

What all should I check on the bike before riding it again? I'll definitely be replacing the stator cover, but is there anything else I should check/replace immediately?

What are you going to do with your fairings? interested in selling them?

Back