Power commanders

Okibusa

Donating Member
Registered
I own a 1999 Hayabusa, akropovic full exhaust. In search of greater performance, I ordered a K&N air filter and WOULD like to installed a power commander because I've heard that it really increase the performance of the bike. However, I would like to know from anyone out there if the commander is worth the money? If so, what type of performance increase should I expect and, does anyone own a map for my setup that they could share with me?

Thanks

OK, I performed the search and read a lot of good information. So I now believe the PC is worth the money. But how do I get a map for my setup? I'm in the military stationed on Okinawa island. The dealer where I bought my bike will not install a PC and, believe it or not, there is a dyno testing center here. However, they will not install or setup. Only test.

Thanks for the advice. I did visit the Power Commander map database. It contains the stock maps with a few additional maps submitted by users, none with my setup.

P.S., I called them also and they suggested that I use a setup for a different exhaust and then fine tune from there. But, I will still be left in the same predicament as before; not enough knowledge to make any adjustments.

Check over on the other busa site. a member named Quaser makes custom maps. They say his maps are the shid, a few members here have recommended him also.

I'm getting a new pipe soon and been thinking about contacting him. I have been reading some great posts recently by him and about his maps.

link

Hey Okibusa

The Power commander will unleash the hidden power on the bike provided that get it tuned properly..
smile.gif

BTW are you in the military in OKI, I was there many years ago stationed @ MCAS Futenma

Welcome to the board! I was stationed in Okinawa myself for 6 years! Loved it and miss it!! Stay safe on those slick coral dusted roads!!

OKI,
ocean wall cruisin, whisper alley, banana show, yakisobe, all good times. Do any jungle training up north with the killer wild boars! LOL

Busa05, I've done more than my share of jungle training up North. Getting ready for the PI now for some live action.

Hey Okibusa

The Power commander will unleash the hidden power on the bike provided that get it tuned properly..
smile.gif

BTW are you in the military in OKI, I was there many years ago stationed @ MCAS Futenma
So was I...it's a small world. You guys are bringin back some good memories (rememberin' the Rock).

I can't imagine having a Busa on that Island. Is the speed limit still 50 KPH (31 MPH)?

Falcon Tamer

The speed limit is now 80 kph but I never look down at my speedometer while riding. They actually have a small race track here now on Eki island. I'm not sure if the track was here while you were here or not.

Hey Okibusa

smile.gif

So was I...it's a small world.  You guys are bringin back some good memories (rememberin' the Rock).

I can't imagine having a Busa on that Island.  Is the speed limit still 50 KPH (31 MPH)?
Sorry about the thread jacking Okibusa but like all the other members here talkin bout oki brings back some memories.
I use to drive hummers and cagers there. I got use to the 50 kph speed limit. I got back to USA and it took me a couple days to drive over 45mph. I thought I was flying at 55. Now I'm going over 170mph!!
biggrin.gif

It's all good. I still reminisce of other places myself. I was in Pisa, Italy before here.

Back