Hayabusa easy to drop?

FHL

Registered
My dad wants to buy a cruiser so anyway I told him he should ride our 200CC 1975 Honda which he has been and then I want him to ride my 01 Gixxer 600 for a few months then buy a used Hayabusa so he can ride with me cause he doesn't want a sport bike.

How much easier is a Hayabusa to drop than a 600 in slow speed conditions? I'm 5'8 140 and not very strong, I went and sat on one at the dealership today and it didn't really feel heavier than my bike, especially the riding position was much more forgiving. I'd like to have a Hayabusa around to cruise the highway with cause my 600 is just too uncomfortable but if you think I won't be able to hold it up I'll forget the idea entirely.

<!--EDIT|FHL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081555184 -->

that is difficult to answer, I personally don't think the Busa is any easier or harder to drop then a 600, although if it's going down, the Busa will be heavier and harder to get back up again. When you are riding, it feels the same because of the geometry and physics of a bike, to me anyway.

Right. I have not had any problem keeping my 600 up just riding around town. I did however drop it when I gave it too much front brake and the wheel was turned but that could happen on any bike.

If I can keep my 600 up in normal riding I should be okay with the Busa?

I agree with Bandit, but I think because the 'Busa is geared for power at the lower end it would be easier to keep up at low speeds. Just my opinion. I guess it really only matters what you are comfortable with.

Thanks for the advice, in fact, when sitting on the Busa in the showroom I felt extremely comfortable. Maybe even moreso than on my 600. I can flat foot it, and all the controls are positioned within my reach.

I just have a phobia of heavy bikes cause when I was younger I accidentally dropped an interceptor in a showroom and it scarred me. Today was the first time I actually got the courage to go and sit on it and well it was exciting cause it wasn't nearly as heavy as I had thought it would be.

You are right about the weight. I had a Kat 750 before and it weighed about the same as the 'Busa. I have seen lots of people of varying heights and sizes riding this bike without problem.

I've decided instead of pressuring my dad into a bike he possibly doesn't want or doesn't have enough experience to ride I'm just going to trade my bike in and get a used 'Busa. I can't handle the aggressive position of my Gixxer and I need something that's not going to kill my back because my bike is my only vehicle and I put about 10,000 miles a year on it. I also need more trunk space and possibly some luggage compartments.

I've got a 2001 GSX-R600 with RS-3 carbon pipe, carbon front and rear flush mounts, neon kit, K&N air filter, smoked windscreen, and just over 10,000 miles. I paid 4500 for it off of so if I can get 4500 trade in I'll be happy.

<!--EDIT|FHL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081573303 -->

Let the search begin! Don't rush into anything however. Take your time and get the best deal on what you want!

rock.gif
I guess some people on different boards are saying I'm too young to have a 'Busa. I'm not looking for speed I just want comfort. I don't want to stray from the sportbike community and get a cruiser but I need something comfortable enough that has enough trunk space to take trips accross the country with.

I've never gone past 110 on my 600 and I don't really feel like a huge ticket and high insurance so I won't be doing high speed runs anytime soon. I don't see what the problem is, I know how to ride properly and I don't abuse the power.

dont be scared... I once dropped a customers busa at bike shop i worked at. lol. DOH. bossman was none to happy, neither was customer. my bad? heh

P

dont be scared... I once dropped a customers busa at bike shop i worked at. lol. DOH. bossman was none to happy, neither was customer. my bad? heh

P
Heh, this guy at an automotive shop forgot to set the parking brake on a truck after putting it on the lift. He failed to reach it in time and it snapped the door off and the car fell onto the ground. Dropping a bike is slightly better
smile.gif

i actually think the busa is easier to control in low speed situations, due to its tighter turning radius. i recently rode my buddies r6 and pulled a u turn in the street and had to put my foot down cause of lack of turning radius. i guess i just got used to turning the bars instead of leaning (at low speed). plus, at low speed with the weight of the 'busa you don't want to get caught leaning a little too far....... just my opinion

MOST dealers let you take test rides.... go take a busa for a spin.

Hmmm--when my Busa was at the stock height...I am 5'9...and solo on it not to tall..for me--then when the Mrs. gets on it's scary tall..I have lowerd mine 3/4"
A huge differance....now comfy..but still a little bit ify with Mrs. on the back...
Even the Busa does not have a lot of extra steering ...don't ever hit the lock while doing a U turn....almost went down....close Oh so close.....basically concentration is the key...
rock.gif

...don't ever hit the lock while doing a U turn....almost went down....close Oh so close.....basically concentration is the key...  
rock.gif
Now you tell me. I did that once and it took every muscle in my body to keep her up. My left foot still hurts every now and then from the strain of keeping a 400 plus pound bike from falling over. If you ever lay this bike down, it takes some muscle to get her back up.

URBAN COWBOY

I did the same thing in a right handed u-turn. Took everything I had to keep her up.

Hey,

I am 5'8" and 150 and I have no trouble at all controlling the bike. Just watch the kickstand - it likes to fold if you are facing downhill or don't get it set properly.

Kent

if its goin down, its goin down....
UNTRUE!!! A Damndable LIE!
smile.gif

OK, YEah it was low speed "Oops getting the u-turn wrong and hitting the front brake due to brain fade." I had the Busa for about 2 weeks at this point and there was simply no way it was going to hit the ground. I used my left leg and upper body to basically hoist it back up from about 45 Degrees on it's way down. Yeah it hurt, But she didn't taste asphalt...

So it can be done. But If you "Suck at Being Strong"
ices_rofl.gif
I love that statement. Then yeah, it'll prolly fall. Once it starts to go, it is going to be harder to catch than a lot of the new Top shelf metal out there that weighs 150-200 LBS less than the Busa though.

BTW--that time i almost fell over "On the Busa"....we were two up..just a simple U turn...As we were going to go all the way down...crash---both me and the Mrs got in sync with our right feet...[pure luck] ..like some said it took full energy..adrenilen
..just barely made it but we did....Let that be a lesson too us..She still gets abit nervous--when i do a U turn..just keep it off the steering lock---nice and slow..WHEW!!
wow.gif

Back