New Owner From Ohio

BK30

Registered
Hey everyone. New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile. Finally purchased my first Hayabusa. It's a 2006, one owner. Have been riding for 7 years now. Started on a Ninja 500, then a CBR 600 F3, then 2001 GSXR 600, then. a Shadow ACE 1100, now this. All stock 7000 miles, HMF high mount exhaust, and custom rims. Can't wait for the weather to turn up here!

06 was a good year for Busas. Mine turned eleven years old this month and other than maintenance, all I've had to fix was a low beam headlight and a fan switch fuse. Ran thru a couple tankfuls today on my favorite local two lane. Turned over 60,000 miles today too. Welcome...and we won't believe anything w/o pics!:)

Sorry, had trouble uploading pics. Haven't got to polish it yet. First thing to do after work. Thanks for the welcome!

IMG_2058.JPG

Alright guys I'm puzzled. Attempted to change oil and filter and I'm having a tough time getting the filter off. It's like there isn't enough clearance between the filter and the header, and it feels like it is about a half turn away from freeing itself from the threaded stud. I'm puzzled. Do I try to remove the lines around it (blue or red arrow in pics) and the bracket between pipes 2 & 3. Or should I loosen the header pipe and try to create a tad bit more room? HMF headers if that makes a difference. Any help would be great!

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2083.JPG

Not sure about HMF headers. With my yoshimura headers, it was tight but you could turn the filter just right and get it out. With my Brocks header I have to unbolted the oil line to get the filter out.

Hey everyone. New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile. Finally purchased my first Hayabusa. It's a 2006, one owner. Have been riding for 7 years now. Started on a Ninja 500, then a CBR 600 F3, then 2001 GSXR 600, then. a Shadow ACE 1100, now this. All stock 7000 miles, HMF high mount exhaust, and custom rims. Can't wait for the weather to turn up here!
Welcome...... Bike looks mint:thumbsup:

Back