Hayabusa 1600cc

madlyhs

Registered
How much HP can you get by installing Big Bore 1600cc ? a friend of mine modified his busa and he claims 270HP no Dyno charts to support his word !!

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084007058 -->

1600 cc is quite insane!!!! motor won't last long with that bore I"m sure.

all_coholic.gif

smells_like_bullshit.jpg

you can bore the engine so much, the biggest bore i found so far is 1397cc. but you can also strock the engine 8 1/2 mm, which that will add also 195cc's to the engine, so you have a total 1600cc. the best strocker kit i found on the market is the billet crankshaft.

B.S...........If he is even for real, it is probably at the fly wheel for a street bike.

I think the highest ALL MOTOR Busa I have seen was around 240-260 at the rear wheel!  

Don't count on riding that thing on the street though.  You would need 2-batt. just to get it started and even then it isn't a for sure thing.  Those BIG CC bikes often have a hard time because of the compression, cooling, etc. just to get/keep the thing running.  They usually don't last long and never in a street bike.

I don't think it would be worth the trouble for a TRACK-ONLY bike!  Get a TURBO and make more power with LESS TROUBLE!
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084394962 -->

I don't know about 1600 but you can bore the busa pretty big and the 1397 (depending on things like cam degrees, head work, etc...) can give you about 238-250hp at the rear wheel. So it would be possible to get 270 out of 1600.

I don't know about 1600 but you can bore the busa pretty big and the 1397 (depending on things like cam degrees, head work, etc...) can give you about 238-250hp at the rear wheel. So it would be possible to get 270 out of 1600.
yea, but as was said... the thing would only be good for a track bike... what fun is that ?

A local guy in BC used to run a Busa with a 1507 in it.
Made 232 hp on the dyno......was a flats bike for a while....they called it Big Pappa Pimp.
Sold it last year to some guy, I think from the UK.

The largest kit I have seen is 1661 cc. You can get that 1464 muzzy block then stroke it to 1661.

I think I have a pic of one from an show...

You ought to literally put a propeller on it and let it fly!

you can bore the engine so much, the biggest bore i found so far is 1397cc. but you can also strock the engine 8 1/2 mm, which that will add also 195cc's to the engine, so you have a total 1600cc.  the best strocker kit i found on the market is the billet crankshaft.
No I know quite a few that are 1500cc and a couple of 1550cc. Never haeard of a 1600cc though. You could have a block made I am sure.

All this talk about 1600cc bikes is crazy.  Honestly though, if you're not strictly racing the bike, then what else could it be used for?
rock.gif
 I personally am diggin' the falcon-nose looking front cowl and fender on the black bike.  I likeee.:O

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084197844 -->

Sorry, but I disagree with the majority here. First, 1600 cc's is realistic with an aftermarket block and crank. I know there is a kit out there for this. Second, what makes higher cc's unstreetable? The cc's are irrelevant. Compression yes, but you can add compression to a stock busa and make it race gas only. Third, rideability and realiability, both would be fine, in fact great, if compression was kept to a reasonable level. Remember, I am running over 280 HP at the back tire and Ninja over 300, sadly, mine has not been too reliable, but several folks around here have 300 HP bikes that have been more reliable. Lastly is the HP claim... I agree that is not too realist for a back tire HP quote with just cc's, but that is entirely realistic for a crank figure, and very possible at the back tire with a shot of NOS....

Sounds like a fun kit to me, likely a lot less hassle than a turbo!

Doc_Busa,

1600cc is unrealistic on a "street bike!"

As far as reliability it isn't going to happen on the street.  From the need for multiple batt., to the starter crapping out if not kicking back and breaking something everytime you ride it.  What aftermarket block are you speaking of?  Everyone I have seen that goes big on the CC has popped because of to thin cylinder walls.

As far as the compression......to get the most out of a N/A 1600cc the compression is going to be up there if you want decent numbers.  For the money and hassle, the big displacement isn't worth it IMO.  

The Horse Power is very possible with a power adder, we are talking about a Naturally Aspirated 1600cc Hayabusa.  I have seen over 550+ on TURBO Busa's, we are referring to motor only Busa's!

Sorry guys but 1600cc's isn't going to last long on the street!  Even if it gets past the above mentioned problems it will burn its self up in traffic.

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084205574 -->

Back