Hayabusa 1600cc

A local guy in BC used to run a Busa with a 1507 in it.
Made 232 hp on the dyno......was a flats bike for a while....they called it Big Pappa Pimp.
Sold it last year to some guy, I think from the UK.
Kevin from KWS in S. Carolina was involved for that engine buildup. Great guy! knows a ton about Busa's... can it be done... probably. But you would have to ask the question why? A middle weight turbo kit would cost less than 1/3 of what it would cost to build an all motor 270 AND it would make alot more rwhp!

Doc_Busa,

1600cc is unrealistic on a "street bike!"

As far as reliability it isn't going to happen on the street.  From the need for multiple batt., to the starter crapping out if not kicking back and breaking something everytime you ride it.  What aftermarket block are you speaking of?  Everyone I have seen that goes big on the CC has popped because of to thin cylinder walls.

As far as the compression......to get the most out of a N/A 1600cc the compression is going to be up there if you want decent numbers.  For the money and hassle, the big displacement isn't worth it IMO.  

The Horse Power is very possible with a power adder, we are talking about a Naturally Aspirated 1600cc Hayabusa.  I have seen over 550+ on TURBO Busa's, we are referring to motor only Busa's!

Sorry guys but 1600cc's isn't going to last long on the street!  Even if it gets past the above mentioned problems it will burn its self up in traffic.

Josh
blues.gif
Actually Doc I agree with DOC. As I had metioned before I know of 1500's and a coulpe 1500+ that are on the street all the time in FL. If it is done correct it could be reliable. Now you are correct whe you say not eliable, if you compare it to a stock Busa. Any mods with engine, turbo, NOS etc. decreases the reliabliity. It would be about correct to have about 250hp + with that setup of a 1600cc motor. Batteries is not a problem most 1400+ motors ae using 2 batteies. Some use a big battry and a mini, some run in series and increase to 24 volt on start ups. It would be just getting use to the setup, like anthing you just keep comensating until you get it right.

It is possible but.............for a STREET BIKE?
rock.gif

Sorry guys but 1600cc in a STREET BIKE isn't going to live long. It would be to much of a hassle and anyone in there right mind wouldn't spend that kind of money on a MOTOR only bike when they could go faster for less on a TURBO'd BUSA!

Anyone with a 1600cc STREET BUSA want to post your thought's?

Josh
cool.gif

1600 cc motor is possible, seen it with my own eyes, EDR here in the NW has done one before for a busa. ill ask for the dyno chart when i take my bike in for its v/a

you can bore the engine so much, the biggest bore i found so far is 1397cc. but you can also strock the engine 8 1/2 mm, which that will add also 195cc's to the engine, so you have a total 1600cc.  the best strocker kit i found on the market is the billet crankshaft.
you can go to a 1426 on a stock block You must live in a cave.
1600 is streetable but it will not have those high numbers

All this talk about 1600cc bikes is crazy.  Honestly though, if you're not strictly racing the bike, then what else could it be used for?
rock.gif
 I personally am diggin' the falcon-nose looking front cowl and fender on the black bike.  I likeee.:O
Thats probably what people said about the rumors of a 1300cc bike before 1999... just an observation

To shed some light on this subject, here is a big block kit from Muzzys.  I have heard there are cheaper ones out there, but have not researched it myself.  

I like the idea of a big bore with low compression. I'll probably get one when I win the lottery or something.... Don't think I would run a stroker though.

http://www.muzzys.com/0007-00001/index.html

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084444637 -->

It is possible but.............for a STREET BIKE?
rock.gif

Sorry guys but 1600cc in a STREET BIKE isn't going to live long.  It would be to much of a hassle and anyone in there right mind wouldn't spend that kind of money on a MOTOR only bike when they could go faster for less on a TURBO'd BUSA!  

Anyone with a 1600cc STREET BUSA want to post your thought's?

Josh
cool.gif
True but some people ride the street only 1,000 miles a year. Grant you that is not likly a Busa rider.

Back