Have you been beat on your Busa?

(species0113 @ Apr. 23 2007,01:49) I got passed by a harley once while i was getting gas but i caught him and repassed.
super.gif
ices_rofl.gif

(GJoker @ Apr. 23 2007,09:14) All the time... I'm not out there to stay in front.. just to enjoy the ride~  
wink.gif
beerchug.gif

The pure joy of motorcycling doesn't get enough press.

I get beat by one of my buddies on a BMW and one on a Goldwing all the time. Like last time, I only completed 1123 miles in 23 hrs 3 min.  and they hit 1200 + in 23 hrs 43 min . Those guys always are beating me  
wink.gif

jump9.gif

But just wait, I'll get'em next time
laugh.gif

I've been beaten too many times to count. It has almost always been by a better rider on an equal or lesser bike. I have beaten several bikes with much more power either by skill or luck but a win is a win. As for drag racing it all starts in the first 60 ft, the winner there will usually be first to the end of the track.

not yet but i have not been out playing much lately. i am trying to keep the points on my licence down. i find the hardest thing to outrun is the radio.
i finally am down to a step 9 and i like the insuance payment a whole lot better than when i was a step 30.
super.gif

Nobody ever wants to race me...  I thought a mustang wanted to go today, he revved the thing up at the light and inched forward, but I lost track of him when i hit second....  
zzwhip.gif
  Guess he didn't want to go.

Have a good freind who Has an XX. Said he was never beaten by a busa. we went on a ride, and out by Wrightwood I smoked him badly. Had a ZX-12 run with me also. I had to look in my rearveiw mirrors just to see him. Have yet to have the pleasure to go at it with a ZX-14. They sound like the would be great fun.

I had a ZX-14 almost take me but I out skilled him. He was on my 6 in the straights but on the turns I walked away from him and he wouldn't go above 170-175ish.
super.gif

No one wants to race, but I let my buddy on the harleys pass all the time so they can say they passed a busa, but wait till all my mods come in, it is gonna be sick!!!

(dmrowe @ Apr. 22 2007,21:19) Yes, by some guy packing double on a Harley showing off.  We were in heavy traffic going up the I5 out of San Diego and I let him go.  Discretion being the better part of stupidity.
Edit:
Oops, you said race.  Then the answer is no, including the 'vette tonight on the freeway.  I was accelerating getting on the freeway and he was already in the No. 1 lane, he hit it as soon as I was at the top of the ramp.  I just kept pulling right on past him.
... on 285 here in Atlanta I get cars wanting to try and keep up. I had a Vette try and fail... a Porsche, and most recently a souped up 'Stang with a punk driver at the wheel. They all fall behind.

I have yet to be challenged by another bike. But... once I had a dude on a Goldwing gun it off the line next to me. I let him go.

Why?

Because I was turning left about 50 feet after the light...

I Went riding with the some great poeple from the wnysportriders group. When I pulled up to the meet I saw bandits and 600 750 and a few litre bikes most looked track ready and proved to be so. At the meet and great I overheard someone say I hope that guy knows we Are gonna be turning too.
While I must admit I could not hang at high speed in turns And Im admittedly not a seasoned busa rider , But they didnt gain too much ground on me and after the turn I was right on them.
After the ride I commented that I wasnt aware The ride would be as spirited as I thought and It was all I could could do to keep up in the twistys and someone popped right up and said" but you damn sure caught up in the straights didnt ya"
I just grinned like Idiot. Thats was worth the 225 mile chase.
beerchug.gif

One of my MSF course instructors called the Busa a "rubberband" bike. It might slow in the corners compared to the liter bikes..... but in the straights it springs back to life and shoots on by.

Back