Have a question

blazzinbird

Registered
Right now I am torm betwen buying a busa or a harley nightrain. Problem is I have only rode a sportsbike once, A friends 92 cbr600. So I am afraid I get the busa and dont like it. I could buy the busa then a year later get the nght train. So what would you do in my situation, I know this would be a biased openion but try to be reasonable. I was told the bsa doesnt ride like any other sportsbike.

Im 6'3 260 also

It depends on what you want to get out of your riding experience. The Busa is an incredible machine that seems to do everything good. It does have a fairly aggressive riding position, so it will take some riding time to build up the back, stomach, and leg muscles needed. While that is happening, you will be leaning on the bars with most of your upper body causing your wrists to hurt and your hands to go numb. But once you get there, the Busa is an incredible experience. Better than anything else I've ever ridder.

The HD doesn't accelerate as hard or corner as well, but you can just get on it and ride more comfortably. Your butt will carry your upper body weight so you don't need to build up any new muscles.

The Busa is better in comfort than the CBR.  You can make a Busa fit whatever riding style you want. I too was a HD guy until i got into sportbikes. You won't regret it. But expect some sore wrists the first week or so of riding. You body will adjust.

(blazzinbird @ Jun. 24 2007,10:28) Right now I am torm betwen buying a busa or a harley nightrain. Problem is I have only rode a sportsbike once, A friends 92 cbr600. So I am afraid I get the busa and dont like it. I could buy the busa then a year later get the nght train. So what would you do in my situation, I know this would be a biased openion but try to be reasonable. I was told the bsa doesnt ride like any other sportsbike.

Im 6'3 260 also
Thats a bit of an odd comparison. I can't speak to the positives of the night train other than to say if it turns you on that's what you should buy. The Hayabusa is, as you can tell by this forum capable of pleasing everyone from Tourers to stunter's to Drag racers! You just need to be brutally honest with yourself about what you want the bike to do. Are you going to cruise it, commute on it, Race it, show it? If you read through here (thats a lot!) you'll find quite a few large riders have gravitated to the Busa, myself included. It is just so easy to change the ergonomics. If for instance the bars are too low, you can get a variety of well tested solutions to raise them and or re-angle them. You can get windshields in a variety of heights and intended uses. You can get rear-sets or pegs to lower or otherwise alter the foot position. In short the Busa is readily adaptable to whatever the whim of the owner might be. Oh and it is fast as hell, bomb proof, well supported in the aftermarket and an icon in the motorcycling world. Good luck with your decision.

Oh yeah
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Org!

What do you want out of your motorcycle??

Performance and reliability or whatever you get out of Harleys....

I was going from a safty point of veiw lol

Well my old lady said she still wont want to ride, so I dont know if i can see spending 19k on the night train. buy my self the busa. then a vtx1800 for long cruises. still spend under 19k but have 2 bikes.

Not a bad duo.... I also have a HD FLSTC-I, I like em both for different reasons! As said before will take some getting use to. The Busa commands respect everywhere you go and the power is something you just never get use to (Smile a mile...)...

Ok so I need to be prepared for sore wrist and back for a bit. How far can you go on a tank of fuel? Insurance isnt a prob 32 a month with 250 deductable. Ill just hae to restrean from twisting the throttle all the way at first.

(blazzinbird @ Jun. 24 2007,14:09) Ok so I need to be prepared for sore wrist and back for a bit. How far can you go on a tank of fuel? Insurance isnt a prob 32 a month with 250 deductable. Ill just hae to restrean from twisting the throttle all the way at first.
You'll get about 200 miles on a tank depending on how aggressive you ride. Again, the riding position takes some getting use to, but it is well worth it once your body adjusts.
There is no finer machine out there IMO. I've rode a few Harley's and there's just no comparison. It's not even close.

lurk.gif
1) Buy the Busa, you won't concern yourself with the Harley afterwards, 2) The smartest thing a person could ever do is go from a Harley to a Busa
ices_rofl.gif

(blazzinbird @ Jun. 24 2007,14:49) I was going from a safty point of veiw lol

Well my old lady said she still wont want to ride, so I dont know if i can see spending 19k on the night train. buy my self the busa. then a vtx1800 for long cruises. still spend under 19k but have 2 bikes.
Thats the exact combo in my garage right now. I love the VTX for cruising - you'll find that the VTX is a LOT more fun to ride than a harley anyway - faster, more reliable, handles like a dream for a cruiser.

As for the hayabusa - it's my first sportbike since 1988, when I had a brand new honda hurricane 1000. Things have changed considerably since then.

One thing that you'll find with the busa is that the seats are by FAR the most comfortable you'll find on a sportbike. You'll find that your wife will actually be comfortable on it. I've had wives and girlfriends of my friends sit on my bike after being on their guys' bikes, and they all say "dang this thing is comfy" or something similar.

In my opinion, when you buy a harley, you're buying the brand name. the night train is a nice bike, dont get me wrong, but if you're looking at a cruiser, you can get a lot more bike for a LOT less money.

It's really all about what YOU like. go to a dealership and sit on the VTX, sit on the busa, sit on the night train. Whatever you like is what you should go with. See, I absolutely LOVE the busa, so my opinion is biased, but I can tell you that if you DO get one, you surely wont be dissapointed with what the bike can do. Just remember, it's a lot of bike, and you'll have to adjust to that. Best of luck on your decision, keep us posted!

go to my website, check out the custom harley named "devils advocate" with the betty page pin up girl on the tank and the welded chain link handlebars [among other one off custom parts], sold her to get my busa and the busa is wayyyy much more fun to ride. the harley might look pretty but fun factor?...busa wins hands down.

www.revolutioncustompaint.com

If you want to live the "Lifestyle" buy the Harley. If you want to ride and have a good time buy the Busa and VTX.

Welcome to the board and what ever you decide post up pics!
beerchug.gif

Back