why a big tire?

larrycivic

Registered
why put a big tire kit on a sportsbike?  i was under the impression that a big tire would not help the cause of the bike....more mass = more power to turn it at speed.

is it only for looks or is there a functionally of it?

p.s. i do like the looks but not the price tag

thanks

<!--EDIT|larrycivic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128043186 -->

dont need a kickstand !
biggrin.gif

people who drag use bigger for more bite. others like it for the bling factor - looks cool. is bling still a hip word?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128058593 -->

Not a sportbike but I had a Warrior last, it came with a 200, I went 240 then 280. The 240 used a 8.5 inch rim and a 10 for the 280. The handling is definately affected. There is period of adjustment while relearning the bike and then you can almost keep up with your buddies once you spend $3500 upgrading your motor to make up for the tire
smile.gif

The compliments alone made it all worthwhile, the big tires draw a crowd...

T_Day071x.jpg

people who drag use bigger for more bite.  others like it for the bling factor - looks cool.  is bling still a hip word?
In the case of a car tire, yes, but a street bike anything over a 200 is for looks. A 240/300 kit is impossible to find drag tires for.
The fat tire kits are for looks, not performance. I think they look cool, but I want functionality.
I believe that "Bling" is on it's last legs as far as hipness......

There were a few reasons I went 250 on my 1000. 1) Bling factor 2) To draw attention to the bike=attention to the business. 3) Have always loved the pro-street look on cars and bikes. When you attend events and shows majority of the crowd goers are attracted to the fat tire and custom paintjobs. Most dont care about the handling issues just that it looks cool. Me personally for a daily rider NO WAY. But since it is my secondary ride yes.
HIGHREStshirtpics011.jpg

<!--EDIT|busafreak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128290544 -->

Back