Has anyone heard from mythos?

LOVE beets...but I rarely eat them. I'll buy some the next time I see them in the supermarket.

I believe this is true just like some people are chubby and still in excellent physical condition. Of course, just because something is hereditary, that doesn't mean it's healthy....it could just be an illness. "Know your body" as you said but I'd take into consideration what the doctors tell me. Also, family history. My grandfather had the family high blood pressure and he had a doozie of a stroke that left him with slow movement and unable to speak. My father has had mini strokes according to his doctor. He never knew and neither did anyone else until now. I'm going to try to head off the stroke scenario if I can. I think I would rather die and not know what happened. No sir, I'd really be happy to avoid being disabled.

It sucks more the longer it goes on and one day somethings gonna git-cha no matter how well you've taken care of yourself. There's no insurance that will save you from dying but it will keep you around longer. I have a father who survives because of medication and surgeries. He doesn't take care of himself at all but he's still here and in my opinion, he lives a pretty nice life. I doubt I will have life so good when I'm 85 years old.
It's crazy when I look back at some of the old timers I knew as a kid....they smoked like a freight train, ate bacon grease and real butter with just about everything but worked like mules...most of them I knew went to bed at around 20:30 and up at 0 dark early each and every day.....none of them ever ran a step nor lifted a weight (commercial weight) and they seemed to live forever....one old guy was 90 or so and could still get it done....

And I've never heard of them going to a doctor or the emergency ward but they all died off one after another at a ripe old age.

It's crazy when I look back at some of the old timers I knew as a kid....they smoked like a freight train, ate bacon grease and real butter with just about everything but worked like mules...most of them I knew went to bed at around 20:30 and up at 0 dark early each and every day.....none of them ever ran a step nor lifted a weight (commercial weight) and they seemed to live forever....one old guy was 90 or so and could still get it done....

And I've never heard of them going to a doctor or the emergency ward but they all died off one after another at a ripe old age.
Comes down to changes in diet. Saturated fats have been demonized, so everyone avoids them completely when what they should have done is reduced intake. New studies are showing that various fatty acids found in saturated fats have anti inflammatory effect on the cardiovascular system. So the one thing that was keeping everyone healthy was taken away, the root cause of their cardiovascular issues was a completely diffrent cause. One medical specialty fighting another. Cardiologist will tell you to reduce sodium to almost nothing, take that same advice to a nephrologist and he'll tell you are killing your kidneys, need sodium to excrete waste and not damage all your organs. But since nobody goes to a nephrilogist unless their kidneys are dying from the lack of sodium or other diseases cardiology wins everytime. In the end everything in moderation. Keep hydrated, have the correct fatty acids on your diet and maintain your mineral intakes where they should be based on your size.

Dietary Saturated Fats and Health: Are the U.S. Guidelines Evidence-Based?

My dad made it to 94. He smoked from the age of 15 to 75. I started to stay with him, when Mom wanted to see her daughter out of state.

One morning late, I came into the den to see him in his chair watching TV, and eating a stick of butter.

Yep. A stick of butter.

Dad! What are you doing?

"Watching the Travel Channel. Sometimes they show tits"

No dad. That. (Pointing at the butter).

"I'm eating a stick of butter"

Dad! Seriously? I'll make you something to eat.

"I don't need you to"

Dad. It's a stick of butter!

"Yes. I like butter"

Dad.....a stick of butter?

" Don't be like your mother. I used to clean off the paddles when we churned butter on the farm. I like butter.

Another time my sister sent him 5 lbs of his favorite chocolate.

He ate the whole 5 pounds in one sitting. By him self. That actually sent him to the ER. He had consumed so much caffeine from that, that he hallucinated later that day. Lol.

He never once got heart issues, lung issues. Eating butter issues.

He finally decided to go in his sleep. Just like he told us from about age 80 he would.

Some people are just built different.

Too finish the story, it took two months of medication adjustments to get my BP to 150/100 and I was able to take the occupational stress test. The test was ridiculously easy. I was hired. I've been training for the past 4 weeks and making decent money again. If I keep doing this another 10 years, that will be great but I have other ambitions too. The only thing that really matters at this point is money. After all's said and done, that's why I work.

Too finish the story, it took two months of medication adjustments to get my BP to 150/100 and I was able to take the occupational stress test. The test was ridiculously easy. I was hired. I've been training for the past 4 weeks and making decent money again. If I keep doing this another 10 years, that will be great but I have other ambitions too. The only thing that really matters at this point is money. After all's said and done, that's why I work.
Good for you, glad to hear this...

Glad things are getting better for you.

Back