Has anyone heard from mythos?

Hello Dopey, hello lads! I'm fine. I didn't find a new teaching job...yeah kind of surprised me too. One offer, too low. I had 16 interviews across Wisconsin and it cost me about $5,000 with in travel. I figure that's a once in a career expense for teacher pay and I've done it twice in my life! I got a little job at an O'Reilly Auto Parts store where I've been the last 11 months. I started doing some interviewing for better paying jobs in the summer and I'm continuing to look.

I still have the 08 busa in perfect condition but that wreck I had on my beloved 2008 ZX-14 really knocked the wind out of my sails. That looks like it will all change in the upcoming months. A friend is giving me an excellent deal on his 2008 ZX-14! It's the same color as my wrecked one and it has only 6,500 miles! I'll be busy swapping over parts and building the new 14 into exactly what I had by early next summer. I'll be back to bikes in due time. I haven't forgot about you guys either. Thank you for keeping me in mind, I'll be back full force soon!

Last edited:
Hello Dopey, hello lads! I'm fine. I didn't find a new teaching job...yeah kind of surprised me too. One offer, too low. I had 16 interviews across Wisconsin and it cost me about $5,000 with in travel. I figure that's a once in a career expense for teacher pay and I've done it twice in my life! I got a little job at an O'Reilly Auto Parts store where I've been the last 11 months. I started doing some interviewing for better paying jobs in the summer and I'm continuing to look.

I still have the 08 busa in perfect condition but that wreck I had on my beloved 2008 ZX-14 really knocked the wind out of my sails. That looks like it will all change in the upcoming months. A friend is giving me an excellent deal on his 2008 ZX-14! It's the same color as my wrecked one and it has only 6,500 miles! I'll be busy swapping over parts and building the new 14 into exactly what I had by early next summer. I'll be back to bikes in due time. I haven't forgot about you guys either. Thank you for keeping me in mind, I'll be back full force soon!
Hi. Good to here that it all will be working out for you. So good luck with everything.

My motivations for checking up on @Mythos are entirely selfish. (Yes, I'm a work in progress.)

I got a little job at an O'Reilly Auto Parts store

Can you get me a discount on the chrome plated DUB edition license plate holders? And do you have the Pooh and Piglet visor organizer in stock?

In the spirit of the "give a penny, take a penny" tray there on the counter, here is a freebie back: Remember, if a customer keeps vociferously pointing to the shelf behind you, your response should be:

"I do not care how many times you point at the item, the computer says we don't have it!"

Can you get me a discount on the chrome plated DUB edition license plate holders? And do you have the Pooh and Piglet visor organizer in stock?
Funny you should mention it but a coworker just gave me a chrome plated motorcycle license plate holder for the new ZX-14. LOL it would actually work with the chrome emblems that bike has but I don't think I'll use it. It has a drive chain ornamental border with a sprocket in each corner...I'll regift it to you if you want it! I'm a delivery driver which is lower than a retail salesperson so I'm sorry HW, I can't be of much help beyond that! :laugh:

Great hearing from you.

Interesting you guys should check up on me right at this time. A good paying local company has had a billboard all summer announcing they're hiring and it's right across the street from my current job. I applied last weekend and was interviewed within a couple days. I took a tour of the plant and I got the thumbs up from the supervisors there. I'm hired contingent upon the results of a drug test, physical and background check. I don't think I'll have a problem with any of those so I should start my new job at the beginning of November...not long after my birthday on Halloween. It's not set in stone but sure enough that I'm telling you all about it. Control boards for electricity and the two story steel buildings that house them are built in the plant. Other than electronics, there is metal fabrication, powder coating and welding going on there. You all keep your fingers crossed for me, I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting you guys should check up on me right at this time. A good paying local company has had a billboard all summer announcing they're hiring and it's right across the street from my current job. I applied last weekend and was interviewed within a couple days. I took a tour of the plant and I got the thumbs up from the supervisors there. I'm hired contingent upon the results of a drug test, physical and background check. I don't think I'll have a problem with any of those so I should start my new job at the beginning of November...not long after my birthday on Halloween. It's not set in stone but sure enough that I'm telling you all about it. Control boards for electricity and the two story steel buildings that house them are built in the plant. Other than electronics, there is metal fabrication, powder coating and welding going on there. You all keep your fingers crossed for me, I'll let you know how it goes.
We'll send out prayers for you. Assuming the pay and/or benefits are better than your current job?

We'll send out prayers for you. Assuming the pay and/or benefits are better than your current job?
Yes! The pay's the main reason I want the new job. I really enjoy working as a delivery driver and my coworkers are the best I've had in my life but on what I make, 401K contributions and even the very affordable insurance offered is out of the question. I just need a lot more money. Prayers are very much appreciated! :)

The potential new job pays 60% more than I currently make and a 401K with %/hour worked match plus insurance that I haven't even looked into yet. It's a big company so I expect the insurance rates are good. I don't even care about PTO, I'm just looking forward to the time and a half OT and there's a million cool things to learn, most of which will relate to motorcycle work in some way!

Last edited:
Yes! The pay's the main reason I want the new job. I really enjoy working as a delivery driver and my coworkers are the best I've had in my life but on what I make, 401K contributions and even the very affordable insurance offered is out of the question. I just need a lot more money. Prayers are very much appreciated! :)

The potential new job pays 60% more than I currently make and a 401K with %/hour worked match plus insurance that I haven't even looked into yet. It's a big company so I expect the insurance rates are good. I don't even care about PTO, I'm just looking forward to the time and a half OT and there's a million cool things to learn, most of which will relate to motorcycle work in some way!
Hi. Well so much good lick to you..

My wife says a few teachers she knows are going into sales and corporate training. Apparently, the skills you develop as a teacher transfer well to those career paths and the industry appreciates it. Good luck to you!

Thanks @fallenarch Arch. There's not a whole lot of corporate action here ... but could be a path if I get into this new company. Actually, O'Reilly is a huge corporation which makes me sit back and think... I think our manager would hate me if I rose above him from being a delivery driver. :laugh: For the most part, I'm glad to be living where I want to live and have no plans to leave again but everything has its price.

Good luck, I hope you get the job you are looking for. Are you in Wisconsin?
Sort of. Upper Michigan, you know that little strip of land between Lake Michigan and Lake Superior, mostly forest with three or four cities of 20,000 people. Where I live is a stones throw from Wisconsin so I guess you'd say I live in both. I consider my neighboring Wisconsin towns to be my home too.

Last edited:
Back