Hardcore dancing

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
I have a good friend (known him for years) that has suddenely gotten into "Hardcore" Music and dancing... Now, when I hear hardcore, I don't think music, I think the movies stashed under my bed... so to hear it referred to as hardcore then a bunch of DUDES get together and "dance"... I can't help but laugh...

Okay, now that thats out of my system, I was at a local concert one night thinking "local rock bands, okay, it's free, I'll check it out". So I get there, and the bands, like ALL hardcore bands, couldn't be understood. Well, I was at the front of the audience in the pit thinking "Okay, the music sucks, but atleast I'll get some Moshpit fun" (You know, people crowd surfing, throwing each other around, etc...) Unfortunately, I got this "Hardcore dancing" crap. Well, I thought anythings worth a try, and while I wasn't going to try it, I gave it a chance to see if I might grow to like it. Well, that chance wore out pretty quick when one of these fuggers almost kicked me in the face, looked at me, then continued kicking and punching, like he was before, in hardcore dancing fashion. If I wasn't so sure the bands and the audience would've kicked my azz, the dude would've been, and I quote my favorite line from a movie I've never seen, "Knocked the FUG OUT!"

This is a small example of the crap they call dancing... Linky to the "hardcore" ones

Looks to me like the being of an A$$ whoopin....
Use to love the moshpits, the physical contact, the bruises the next day and all, but that just looks stupid...

biggrin.gif
...everything isn't for everybody. You didn't get a tape of yourself "dancing"?

I agree completely - - that is crap... very little more than pointless fighting. I am obviously way out of touch... the only word that I can come up with for this, is stupid.

I agree completely - - that is crap... very little more than pointless fighting.  I am obviously way out of touch...  the only word that I can come up with for this, is stupid.
If you feel out of touch, think about this... I'm 22, 1 year older than my friend Gary, who is "Hardcore"... I don't see the appeal to it, but he's ALL about it. Same as all our mutual friends... I don't get it, but apparantly they do.
rock.gif

It's just pointless mosh pit dancing...they've been doing it since punk rockers started doing it in the late 70's. Those are just some young kids being stupid, no biggy.

I went to a 7 Dust concert at the House of Blues in Atlanta about 5 years ago and many guys were hacking it up on the floor...I entered the pit a couple times myself as I do like some heavy rock bands/music. I'm almost 6' 3", 220 lbs. so I was able to hold my own.

Wouldn't even consider it anymore but you never would have caught me doing it at home w/ the guys.

It's just pointless mosh pit dancing...they've been doing it since punk rockers started doing it in the late 70's.  Those are just some young kids being stupid, no biggy.

I went to a 7 Dust concert at the House of Blues in Atlanta about 5 years ago and many guys were hacking it up on the floor...I entered the pit a couple times myself as I do like some heavy rock bands/music.  I'm almost 6' 3", 220 lbs. so I was able to hold my own.

Wouldn't even consider it anymore but you never would have caught me doing it at home w/ the guys.
Theres a difference between Mosh pits and Hardcore Dancing though. I LOVE a good Mosh pit, but this crap pisses me OFF!

Ben, i don't want to be anywhere near you when you finally explode in anger.
Someone's in for a world of hurt one day.

Ben, i don't want to be anywhere near you when you finally explode in anger.  
Someone's in for a world of hurt one day.
nah... I'll just kick my shoes off in a fit of joy. Then I'll exclaim ZANG ZADAM!!! and run around asking people WHERE'S THE VAN?! Then, as they go to grab their coats... They'll come out and say, "Someone Shid on the coats!" And I'l say "What?! I hope it wasn't MY coat!" Then i'll blend back into the crowd...

I seen this "dancing" at a place in SW Ohio last year. I thought it was an isolated incident, something that the particular band playing promoted. As indicated by others, these people looked like a bunch of fuggin idiots and infact, fights did break out as a result of their dancing and guess who was put right in the middle of it? The exit to the place just happened to be right where my truck was parked and the one bouncer the place had requested my help. I gladly accepted as I was protecting my baby in the process. It was kind fun bouncing these guys off of concrete walls but still...it wasn't what I had in mind of doing when I went there.

man. and we used to just build tree houses or race wagons and skateboards down steep streets. now kids shoot each other and fight without out even being angry?

wait for it.....

this one's for VA......

yep, just like you suspect....

M O R A L C O R R U P T I O N! ! ! ! !!

smile.gif

Looks like a good cardio workout..
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|LadyHawk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154470644 -->

Back