Hard to start after some riding

I have a 2003 Busa that is hard to start after 15 to 20 minutes of riding. I have to wait like 15 minutes until it cools down and start it back up. It has PCIII power commander, 4:2:1 Yoshimura full exhaust, K&N filter, New Plugs, just finished cleaning the injectors, cleaned the carburetor, and fuel line and fuel pump insulated to avoid vapor lock, a vented gas cap, new battery plugged to a tender, the starter is in good condition and strong,new oil, 91 octane gas, just for you to have an idea of what I've done to the bike to try to correct the problem. Ive done all the tricks that others have posted on the forum but the problem persist. Can anybody give me some more ideas on how to fix my bike I don't want to ride it like that, I want to test everything before I take it to a mechanic to get ripped off.

photo.jpg

Just hard to start ? or do you get nothing ? If there's a kit in it you'll probably have to go with two batteries or something. You could always go Loomis and park up hill.

It could be your starter going bad due to heat. Heat expands everything. Except the girls in Miami and Bermuda for some reason. Anyways, might want to look into getting a new starter, bearings are easier to turn when cool....

check all terminals for corrosion have a 01 gsxr 750 had the same problem couldnt find it, so it sat for about six months till i got time to start taking it apart and found the starter realy all gummed up from corrosion new realy and new power wires all good to go now

That's my issue, I've had this battery about 2 years and this winter it has been on the tender. Well today rode about 20 min and then nothing.

Even with a HD guy stopping to help me push it to kick start it, nothing. I'm taking battery in tomorrow for a check.

Back