Bike hard to start now

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you have had problems with your bike being a little hard to start after you get some miles on her. All of sudden mine has become difficult to start all the time with 5000 on the odo and I am thinking it is time to change the plugs but wanted some insight before I spent the money on some new plugs. Does anyone have some suggestions? Let me know what you think.

Put in the new plugs, that is probably all it needs. I switched to the double electrode ones in mine.

yup those new ngk ones are tight they sell them at most advanced auto parts like 10 buks a piece

Before you do anything give us some more info,,,, Define hard to start, whats it doing??? Could be a lot of things. If your plugs are fouled at 5k there may be something else going on

charge your battery. you will be surprised how much that makes a difference in starting any modern day bike. if the battery voltage is not up to par the ECU does not recieve a proper signal from all the sensors and causes erronious readings to be sent to the ECU. This in turn can lead to hard starting. A low battery can also casue a weak spark situation which will cause hard starting.

New plugs won't hurt but that may not be the problem. Need more info as in year model and modifications.

Funny thing. My plugs looked good, gapped right at 9K. I went ahead and replaced them with the basic NGK's. I balanced the throttle bodies, and geez! I knew I was missing that headshake going into second and third and...Even if you put in the $3 plugs, it's worth it.

when my bike had 5k onit i had to have upgrade package for starter coz somin when wrong with it,but after that i everything was ok:D
hope you sort it out matey.

sorry it has been awhile, the bike is an 03 with 6000 miles on it. I am going to isntall the new NGK iridium's and sync the TB's check the battery and see how that goes, thanks for the help.

Well guys here is the latest, the bike is still occasionally hard starting and let me give more details about when.

When I try to startthe bike it will turn over several times before it will start. The bike has never dont this until now. It will crank and crank and then finally start. Opening the throttle a little does not help any, I have tried new plugs, sync'ed the TB's and charged the battery. Do you think it might be a weak battery? I am going to try and unhook my alarm ignition kill and see if that helps, I am thinking the relay inside the ignition kill is getting weak and causing problems with my ignition to be weak, what do you guys think?

Thanks for the help.

Back