hard starting found problem, now what?

i just did the tb sync with my carbtune, done too many carb sync trying to find the problem. you guys think is not the starter? brand new batt yuasa 14s

03 busa
power commander
ign module
K&N filter just cleaned last week lightly oiled
spark plugs new 2 sets
91 or 92 octane i know is the most expensive at the pump
i removed the power commander and still the hard start was there, like not enough force to crank the engine
small box mod
brock hindle gen 3 full sys
i removed the stater look good the shaft looked good not distorded or anything.
what do you mean by timing?
the problem starts when the bike is warm or hot, cold start is good.

:lol:

Have you checked the individual injectors yet? Uneven color on spark plugs could signal dirty or worn injectors. Clean them and get them flow rated.

Air Intake Temperature Sensor - sits into the airbox on the bottom LH side.

Found this on 1 of our threads and the problems are exactly what you have....... Here is hoping :thumbsup:

If it's duff , it could missread the temperature and apply the wrong fueling correction - make it hard to start , particularly when warm.

Mines a 99 and I've moved that to the LH air intake tract tube.

Air Intake Temperature Sensor - sits into the airbox on the bottom LH side.

Found this on 1 of our threads and the problems are exactly what you have....... Here is hoping :thumbsup:

If it's duff , it could missread the temperature and apply the wrong fueling correction - make it hard to start , particularly when warm.

Mines a 99 and I've moved that to the LH air intake tract tube.

Just a thought if it is the sensor is it possible to blow cold air on it to cool it down and try starting it again ?

Also found this

I would say that it is one of these (in order of most-likely 1st):

Fuel return line kinked
or
Fuel filters blocked/pump vapour-locked
or
Fuel filler cap breather blocked

My money would go on the return-line kinking due to engine heat. When it cools down the pipe resumes it's normal shape.

also did the aits mod, about hte fuel line doubt that the fuel tank is up it should be fine since the stretch out when you lift the tank but i will take a look.

1 more found doubt if it is the problem but still worth considering if you have an alarm

only done it once since the snakepass incident
seems to be related with when the alarm has been in service mode (datatool evo plus)

i do have an alarm, scorpio 500, i solve the spark plug problem, ign mod is bad. i removed it and so far #3 is clean again. but the hard start pro still there

it is 100% a simple fuel problem filters or hoses try making up new fuel lines from spare hoses temp if it sorts it replace the hoses new they do tend to rot inside

have you got a lap top in the garage or is your baby in the living room as a real busa lover would do this:laugh:

Ive posted your probs on our site but its 04.50 in the morning so i wont get a reply till tomorrow but there is loads of extremely knowledgeable people here so we will sort it

regester as a member and you will always have another lot of brains to help click the link below

http://www.ukbusas.org

Last edited:
i been using the serv man and the seach in forums to solve the problem and i havent find the problem, used my multimeter to check all trhe electrical sys and everything checked good, i'm ging nuts. thinking about getting a hammer and take care if the problem with it lol

Stop getting stressed while your baby is under repair she will pick up on it and go into sulk mode:whistle:

i been using the serv man and the seach in forums to solve the problem and i havent find the problem, used my multimeter to check all trhe electrical sys and everything checked good, i'm ging nuts. thinking about getting a hammer and take care if the problem with it lol

It will be fuel problem ........if it was electrical i would think you would have the same problem hot or cold

Back