Harbor Freight Bike Lift Table

My only real issue is the width. If I center the tires and try the side stand there’s not enough room making me park it to the right just enough to let the side stand down but then, trying to lift the rear with a track stand, the friggin bike’s off center!:crazy: :laugh: I‘ve fixed this by placing a cinder block alongside now for the side stand so I can center the bike. All I have in front is a wheel stop. This enables me to lift the front end with a fork or stem stand. I’ve also used a Canyon Dancer and straps to the table to guarantee stability when the lift is all the way up and the bike’s on stands.

I’ve also used a Canyon Dancer and straps to the table to guarantee stability when the lift is all the way up and the bike’s on stands.
I haven’t heard the name Canyon Dancer in a long time, I used one to haul my ZX11’s to the mountains and they worked great, my friends use to see mine and ask where did I get it. I had forgot the name till I read your post.

I haven’t heard the name Canyon Dancer in a long time, I used one to haul my ZX11’s to the mountains and they worked great, my friends use to see mine and ask where did I get it. I had forgot the name till I read your post.

It’s a great tool. I used it transporting a Ducati I bought years ago in Dillon MT, 1,100 miles away. I was in a borrowed bouncy short bed pickup and drove over the ‘construction zone‘ known as the Donner Summit on I-80 west of Reno after dark. I had straps on the rear for stability. The trick when setting the tension on the Dancer or any straps when transporting is to compress the suspension part way down but never ratchet it all the way down. This allows the bikes own suspension to take some of the bouncing w/o loosening the straps during a big bounce.

That rascals only 2 1/2 ft wide, looking at one that’s 4 ft wide. My harbor freight is at a shop, but I’m getting to that point where it’s work to get off the floor :)

I have had this lift table for over a year now, have had several bikes on it, my Baxley wheel chock, and the small front tire vice that came with it, which my Dad modified for dirtbikes, and it has been flawless!
This lift table is excellent, and is the only manual pump table that I can find anywhere, all the rest are pneumatic, which require a big air compressor, and those only have 2 wheels, vs the HF's 4 wheels, 2 fixed, 2 stationary, plus thread down feet to stop movement, but, the lift moves about easily when needed, and I havn't needed to thread the feet down.
My only regret is not buying one of these sooner.

With the Baxley chock bolted on.
I also only needed to drill one small hole in the table to mount this, as there were a few already there.

20230919_172352.jpg

20230510_170440.jpg

20230510_170424.jpg

Last edited:
I asked my Dad if he could make me a Simple wheel chock for dirtbikes, mainly for my Drz400, and just something simple, out of whatever metal was leftover from other projects.
And if he could make me 2 L shaped plates, and weld them to the small(and otherwise useless) front tire vice that came with the lift.
So, this is what he came up with.
A coat of Tractor Suppy enamel paint(also leftover, lol), and a threaded rod to drop in and keep the top halfs together, finger tight, no tools needed.
No holes needed drilled into the table either, as they were already there, as the base of the chock/vice is the same.
I tried to knock the bike or the table over too, and it would be difficult to do.
The Drz is very stable in just the chock.
But, with 2 bolts that slide into the Drz's hollow rear axle, I am able to use a sportbike swingarm stand as well.
Now I can get back to the minor repairs this one needs.

20240217_142252.jpg

20240217_142223.jpg

20240217_142242.jpg

Back