Harbor Freight Bike Lift Table

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I bought a Harbor Freight bike lift table today.
I've been window shopping multiple styles and brands for a while now, and I have to say, no regrets at all, this thing is a great bang for the buck.
It was one of 2 that I could find with 4 wheels. Alot have the 2 big wheels on one end, but only one other had 2 castors, and it was identical...and only a grand more!
With 2 wheels I could move the empty lift, but not once a bike was on it.
With this one, I can turn the lift to role the bike on, then roll them into place, as I don't have room to roll the bikes straight on it, and this lift solved that.
The lift has 2 threaded feet to thread down by a T-handle to keep it from rolling.
The ramp lifts off to save space.
The lift works by a simple bottle jack with 2 foot pedals, one to pump, one to release, both slide off to save space.
This solved another problem for me, as my air compressor isn't big enough to run any of the pneumatic lifts that I looked at, so a new one would've been $400-$600 that I didn't want to spend.
This lift pumps all the way up easily, with little effort, and in under 30 seconds, so it's not an issue at all.
The lift is very stable, and I have no concerns at all about using it.
It also has a black safety bar that slides through in front of the pedals, in case the jack fails.
There is one extra expense though, and that is a better wheel chock.
That's a no brainer just to look at it, I wouldn't trust a bicycle in that thing, lol.
But, not an issue either, as I had ordered a Baxley wheel chock last night, with the intention of using it on any lift that I bought, and I hadn't planned to buy the HF lift today then either.
Thanks to @TonyM995 for posting the Baxley link a couple weeks ago, from
www.1stopspeed.com for $219 shipped!
The best deal I've seen on them to date.
It'll be here next week, so no worries about a bike coming out of those.
The HF lift was $599, and either 12 months no intrest, or 10% off if you open a HF card. So I did, and took the 10% off.
That took it from $631 after tax to $568, so a true 10%. I'll pay it off when I get the bill.
I had seen quite a few good reveiws on Youtube, and decided to risk trying it.
I'm glad I did, my first impressions are that this is a great lift.
My aging back and knees are already happy, lol.
To get any other lift, it would have cost me $1700-$2k delivered...or alot more, plus a new air compressor, so it's a win.
It weighs 317lbs, and 344lbs in the crate.
HF loaded it in my truck with a forklift, and 2 guys to push it in.
I backed up to my basement door, slid it back, lowered it down, and drug it in.
It's heavy, but easy enough to do, and rolls easy on the floor.
All I had to do was spend a few minutes putting the wheels on.
So, if you've been considering one, it's definately sturdy and well built(as I know not everything HF is great, but this one is).

20230201_160745.jpg

20230201_160827.jpg

20230201_160833.jpg

20230201_161423.jpg

Last edited:
A friend has one @ his shop I use when repairing his ZRX1200 . Not bad at all . The issue with all lifts using diamond tread pattern is using front / rear stands / Center stand on certain models becomes challenging .
You may find a piece of plate to lay on the lift to make that easier .

I have a wheeltronics / Snap On only due to right place right time . $600 .

A friend has one @ his shop I use when repairing his ZRX1200 . Not bad at all . The issue with all lifts using diamond tread pattern is using front / rear stands / Center stand on certain models becomes challenging .
You may find a piece of plate to lay on the lift to make that easier .

I have a wheeltronics / Snap On only due to right place right time . $600 .

Yeah, I saw a guy on youtube put thick grip tape on his, but I'll probably just fight the rear lift over the tread bumps, lol.
I'll still remove front wheels with my triple clamp front stand on the ground, I'm not sure how I'de feel about a bike on the table out of the chock.
And I keep the '18 gsxr1k on my Bursig.
I'll be putting ceramic transmission bearings in soon, so that really pushed me to go ahead and get the lift.
I'll break the front sprocket nut loose on the ground, and the rest should go much easier up in the air than on the floor, lol
And an awesome deal on a Snap-on lift for $600, I've seen it in several of your pictures over the years.

Mine is essentially identical, although different colours. Picked it up on sale at Princess Auto (basically the Canadian Harbor Freight) in 2013... it's been a godsend for working on the bikes ever since. The only thing I changed was the front wheel clamp as the one that came on it was the same weaksauce piece as the o/p's. The wheel chock that's on it now was also from Princess so I wouldn't be surprised if HF sells one the same in the US.

Pic from when Rubb's turbo was at my old place for some TLC.

IMG_3516.JPG

Last edited:
A few friends have a shop in their garage and picked this up on the $300 sale.. and this thing is built nice! Hold the pigs (Harley’s) and sportbikes alike. Damn good bargain!
I have been back and forth over the HF lift and a few mods or dropping 2K on an air lift. Many many discussions on the Harley boards over the topic.

That said, I wish I would have got one when I had the Busa. Sure would have saved some back pain.

I have been back and forth over the HF lift and a few mods or dropping 2K on an air lift. Many many discussions on the Harley boards over the topic.

That said, I wish I would have got one when I had the Busa. Sure would have saved some back pain.

The HF has a max rating of 1000 lbs.
So I don't know if I'de want a big bagger on it or not.
But, there are youtube channels with some big Harleys on the HF lift too.

Back