hane

dsmdave

Registered
just wanted to know when hookup battery tender do you take the battery off the bike or leave it in the bike? can anybody give me the instruction. cause i will store my 05 busa for the winter. thank dave.

I left it in the bike, just disconnected. Seemed reasonable after reading the instructions.
Somebody with more experience may want to chime in, as this is my first year using a tender.

You can leave the battery in the bike or take it out
wink.gif

(dadofthree @ Nov. 13 2006,03:28) Don't place it on the ground or concrete if you remove it.
That not really true any more. Scince the use of a plastic battery case is now in use, electrolisis will not happen unless the battery is filthy enough to complete a circuit to ground. A wiped down battery will not have a discharge. (Per General Motors Delco systems)

thank you all for replied. just once more question. if you leave the bat in the bike would you still have to take those positive and negative cable that lead to the bike off and just hook bat tender over it? if i leave them on would it damage my ECU or anything else? thank dave

Back