Handlebars hit windscreen after tt install..

micronp450

Registered
So we installed the lowering capable triple tree but we have not raised the forks yet due to it being night time. We noticed that when we turn the handlebars to the extreme left or right the handles hit the windscreen. The install def. was done right and the only thing we can come up is with that the previous owner had some kind of handle bar risers so you didn't have to arch your back as much. We don't know what these risers actually consist of (parts). If someone could help me out I would apreciate it.

Thanks,

Justin

Risers can be done with spacers or aftermarket clips! The thing that holds the metal bars your hands go on...

Are you sure its the handle bars and not the clutch and brake reservoir ? If so just loosen the base of the reservoirs and tilt them foward or backward. Just make sure repositionthem back to their stock position if you ever have to fill it.

Are you sure its the handle bars and not the clutch and brake reservoir ?  If so just loosen the base of the reservoirs and tilt them foward or backward. Just make sure repositionthem back to their stock position if you ever have to fill it.
Good call my brother.....

Double check... The handle bars hit or reservoirs?

There is no spacer! The off set for the handle bars looks to be spot on. Maybe the total height of this after market piece is just a tad bit taller!

Rotate the levers forward or back, small bits at a time.  They'll clear  
smile.gif

I didn't think I could get them to NOT hit, kinda hard to find just the right spot.

<!--EDIT|hbr
Reason for Edit: "remove pic.......confusing"|1143161119 -->

he has heli-bars....just rotator the lever/resvoir combo forwards...it's easier on the wrists anyways.

Thanks for all the input guys... The resoviors are not hitting. Its where the handle bars basically latch on. I'll take the pics tomorrow and post them. Now that you guys mentioned it I think it was the handlebars he changed. BUt, I will take much better pics tomorrow...

"he has heli-bars....just rotator the lever/resvoir combo forwards...it's easier on the wrists anyways. "

Hah can you please put that in dummy terms for me their, I jsut want to make sure I get this right 100%.

Thanks again guys...

you have a clamp on each clipon (bar) .....each clamp has two bolts with the heads facing you.... gently loosen the bolts and rotate the assembly away from you.
the levers will move downward a bit.

btw... there's no way the clipons are going to hit the screen .... they move with the screen, always remaining the same distance....only a spacer or heli-bars will get the two closer together.
wink.gif

if it is the actual piece that the clipon slides into....then that is just the way that aftermarket piece is made.....you'll have to go back to stock or try another brand.

I think it's those Pazzo's!

Better send 'em to me...I've got some stocker's for ya!
tounge.gif

looks to me as if the spacers under the top cap should be removed...I do not think that piece was machined to accomidate them....the slots are barely large enough for the molded lips....and not the spacers.

Back